win7 starts after 10/15 mins after welcome screen

hi guys,

few hours ago win7 was working fine and its still working fine.. but dont know what happend it taking 10 to 15 mins to start after the windows 7 welcome screen... before the welcome msg i see a msg of please wait for i think 10 secs and then a welcome msg so after that it starts the windows.. i tried to proper shut down and start again but same... also started in safe mode.. but after safe mode no luck with this issue. can any1 help me what should i do now ? my C is almost 11GB free so no issue of space ..and i m running 32bit home premium windows 7.. pls guys help urgent :) thx

you can do the following:

1. restart windows by pushing the restart button, then select "Last Known Good ... " when it comes up

2. reinstall windows

3. you can keep various image backups, (windows does that automatically) so you can alway restore to an earlier point in time where the system was functioning correctly.

4. check for infection by running "malwarebytes", test your hardware by running memtest86 CD for at least 2 passes, check overheating in system by running the software, speedfan"

5. check for loose connection in your system, including loose ram, one time my system was doing the same thing and it turned out that I had properly installed a new ram stick

let us know what happens

Slow speed also indicates a harddrive failure. Is your data access speed normal? If so, try accessing Windows' folders and see if its slow. You can also check the amount of fragmentation your primary drive has but I heard Win7 defrags automatically?

after some shutdown/reboot its back to normal..so i dont know what happend to it...

Do a defrag anyway, could be because of your page file being created in a fragmented form.

[quote=“Bilal1, post:4, topic:16596”]

after some shutdown/reboot its back to normal…so i dont know what happend to it…

[/quote]

Install ‘‘tuneup utilities’’ in your system to eliminate chances of such happenings in future.

my be that is because of some kind of virus

Maybe, your HDD is dying, download this program (http://hddscan.com/) and check your HDD for problems. Moreover, do a disk defragmentation/chkdsk as mutee advised.

[quote=“Bilal1, post:, topic:”]

hi guys,

few hours ago win7 was working fine and its still working fine… but dont know what happend it taking 10 to 15 mins to start after the windows 7 welcome screen… before the welcome msg i see a msg of please wait for i think 10 secs and then a welcome msg so after that it starts the windows… i tried to proper shut down and start again but same… also started in safe mode… but after safe mode no luck with this issue. can any1 help me what should i do now ? my C is almost 11GB free so no issue of space …and i m running 32bit home premium windows 7… pls guys help urgent :) thx

[/quote]

If it was XP then I would have thought that it could be due to SATA, USB or some other weird driver issue. What are your results if you try to do Safe-Mode startup in Windows 7?

i have just re install my windows again so problem solveD :D

[quote=“Bilal1, post:10, topic:16596”]

i have just re install my windows again so problem solveD :D

[/quote]

Good to hear that. Reinstalling Windows usually solve many problems. It’s a known “fact”. :)

Hi everyone

I installed win 7 but not forever. people help me with.

Thanks in advance