Will Worldcall reduce its rates?

i visited the worldcall clifton office in karachi today and the CSR told me that there could/would be price revision in june july. any body got any info? or was he just saying.

worldcall rates as compared to DSL are very very high. almost double. no doubt there quality is much better and more reliable then DSL due to the damn phone line issues. but still double is too much.

would we settle for 1900 768kb/s to be 1mb/s ?

hmm reliable .... it goes out when light goes out , so I dont see it reliable in any way.

About pricing not sure , but I had a cable issue (a truck outside broke the wire coming to my home) and the guy that came for repair told me that I have to pay for the cable , to which my obvious answer was wtf, get this connection removed asap and I will get the refund and paying you for this is out of question, then he talked to some one at their office and said ok we will install it with no charge , when I asked him why you are coming to fix this on fourth day of my complain (four days of downtime , good customer service) , he said we are under staffed , around 300 or above people have been laid off from different departments by new management i.e. Oman telecom as per him.

So if they are paying salaary to 300 less people now , they should atleast reduce the rates , specially when they are more expensive then any other ISP , I am keeping them as one of my backup internet connection now (was using it as my primary connection before I said enough is enough), in first phase going to switch to a lower plan and if they continue thier #$%# will cancel soon for sure.

i guess its not just PTCl or worldcall its just it with every service here in karachi. pretty much all comes down to luck. so one should just stick to whatever works!

there are horror stories with all these ISPs

may be , but I am loving my decision of moving to ptcl , life at peace now.

well its july 5th, when is WC going to get its head out of the ground?

the management must be really screwing things up, back in the day WC used to be the most affordable "broadband" service in town.

GuyzzzzZzzz... no doubt we r facing issues regarding ptcl but i think its our Natonal Compnay .... humdreds of companies are usig PTCLs network... world call, telcard , link dot net, Wateen etc etc ....

and then i am usin EVO ptcl.. MAN it rockssss.... 500kbs or more download its tooo good.....

n this year thy are focusing on Customer care sooo i think we shuld atleast give them chance ...

inspite of giving support to companies of other countries like worldcall( Oman Tel) etc ... i would prefer My Countries company ..... which is supporting the IDPs, people thoe were displaced in the 8 oct earthquake......

i mean atleast tey ave shown some Social responsibility ....

so please ... i wuld also sugest u to use products of ur own country no matter which company ...:)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

GuyzzzzZzzz… no doubt we r facing issues regarding ptcl but i think its our Natonal Compnay … humdreds of companies are usig PTCLs network… world call, telcard , link dot net, Wateen etc etc …

and then i am usin EVO ptcl… MAN it rockssss… 500kbs or more download its tooo good…

n this year thy are focusing on Customer care sooo i think we shuld atleast give them chance …

inspite of giving support to companies of other countries like worldcall( Oman Tel) etc … i would prefer My Countries company … which is supporting the IDPs, people thoe were displaced in the 8 oct earthquake…

i mean atleast tey ave shown some Social responsibility …

so please … i wuld also sugest u to use products of ur own country no matter which company …:)

[/quote]

So how much you get paid to say that? ;)

So how much you get paid to say that? ;)

[/quote]

x2, lol

GuyzzzzZzzz… no doubt we r facing issues regarding ptcl but i think its our Natonal Compnay … humdreds of companies are usig PTCLs network… world call, telcard , link dot net, Wateen etc etc …

and then i am usin EVO ptcl… MAN it rockssss… 500kbs or more download its tooo good…

n this year thy are focusing on Customer care sooo i think we shuld atleast give them chance …

inspite of giving support to companies of other countries like worldcall( Oman Tel) etc … i would prefer My Countries company … which is supporting the IDPs, people thoe were displaced in the 8 oct earthquake…

i mean atleast tey ave shown some Social responsibility …

so please … i wuld also sugest u to use products of ur own country no matter which company …:)

[/quote]

this dude keeps posting the same thing in every section.

i vote for a 2 week ban.