Will VOIP work with wateen?

I have a vonage enabled VOIP device that works pretty fine if I connect it through LAN cable to PTCL dsl modem but it doesn't work with wateen's router.

What I have done is connect the wateen's modem to my Linksys router (which also happens to act as a switch) and use the wateen internet wireless-ly shared over the laptop and PCs in the house but when I connect my vonage device to the wateen through wireless switch it doesnt seem to work.

Has wateen implemented some port restrictions for VOIP devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Regards,

Daniyal

Your IP will be blocked by PTA.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a vonage enabled VOIP device that works pretty fine if I connect it through LAN cable to PTCL dsl modem but it doesn’t work with wateen’s router.

What I have done is connect the wateen’s modem to my Linksys router (which also happens to act as a switch) and use the wateen internet wireless-ly shared over the laptop and PCs in the house but when I connect my vonage device to the wateen through wireless switch it doesnt seem to work.

Has wateen implemented some port restrictions for VOIP devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Regards,

Daniyal

[/quote]

it will work perfect no issues and no blockage at all :)

as two of my close friends are using Vonage devices , but both are using this with PTCL DSL, and its working fine

a vonage enabled VOIP device that works pretty fine if I connect it through LAN cable to PTCL dsl modem but it doesn't work with wateen's router. How is it implemented some port restrictions for VOIP devices.

Call center software

I guess you must do Port Forward ... And as far as Ip block is concerned then wateen releases Dynamic IP and it is changed after every time you switch on your router ..

@ daniyal -- my friend had the same problem .. but now his problem is solved ... I will ask him and then let you know

i hv wateen ptcl qubee witribe vonage works on all except wateen i hv free wateen package only paying ptcl because my vonage device dont work so plz if u find any solution let me know

thanks

i hv wateen ptcl qubee witribe vonage works on all except wateen i hv free wateen package only paying ptcl because my vonage device dont work so plz if u find any solution let me know

thanks

[/quote]

(1) You have Wateen, Ptcl, Qubee, Witribe all working at the same time??? How much of total bandwidth it becomes? I guess you are running a net cafe?

(2) Can a vonage device be purchased from somewhere in Lahore?

theUser @

wateen 1mb unlimited some one working in wateen and given me free connection

qubee they hv provided me 1mb unlimited for testing purpose

witribe was also working few days back now testing over lol

ptcl 4mb unlimited 1mb student pluse iptv so getting 4mb

only ptcl working 24/7 rest for backup

no i am not running net cafe lol

u hv to pay monthly bill to vonage how u can buy from lhr

theUser @

wateen 1mb unlimited some one working in wateen and given me free connection

qubee they hv provided me 1mb unlimited for testing purpose

witribe was also working few days back now testing over lol

ptcl 4mb unlimited 1mb student pluse iptv so getting 4mb

only ptcl working 24/7 rest for backup

no i am not running net cafe lol

u hv to pay monthly bill to vonage how u can buy from lhr

[/quote]

And you have satellite internet ? Are you using all these services or providing them internet services. Ufff bongian !!!

Actually he/she is a brand ambessador of all these companies. (in dreams) :D

i will post snapshots next time so dont worry let me take few pictures next time

so guys here u go i cant upload satellite net pictures but u can see my other devices here

my%20deviceshttp://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9636/003nmj.jpg

Nice collection :) Ptcl wire is missing ehh

It can be easily done. Show receipt. :D

i can not connect all at the same time lol still u dont believe it ur choice lol

I personally believe that you got many connections and they are all crappy.My friend use satellite internet having that 6-7 foot dish with that software etc.He gets nice download speeds..it depends on the host.Once I saw he was getting more than 900KB/sec.. Upload is crappy

I asked some thing but they both (satlover and aleena) didn't replied.

1. Which satelite you using?

2. What alternate option can be used for uploading other than dialup?

its hotbird 13e

i dont need upload so i dont know much about it

with 8 feet dish?

How much smallest dish can be used?