Will PTCL upgrade their packages this year as well?

We saw it in 2009 when 512 Kbps customer were upgraded to 1Mbps and so on, and then in 2010 when 2Mbps was replaced with 4Mbps. Seems like they do it every March, which is just around the corner. Was wondering if someone has any news if PTCL people are planning any up-gradation this time as well?

A big NO .

I don't think they will upgrade anything this time :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I don’t think they will upgrade anything this time :P
[/quote]

agreed

I think most people including me will appreciate if they lower the price of few packages especially 4mb and 6mb plus enhancing upload speed little bit wouldn't kill their profits either :)

Want the 2Mbps student deal!!! not likely to happen but let's hope :P

Lots of 1MB users like me are anxiously waiting if they get upgraded to 2MB. ô¿ô

BTW is it possible to get regular 1MB connection converted to student package?

Man they got bandwidth.. the problem is their copper lines which can't support anything above 1mb.

I would lbe very happy if LinkDotNet follows suit and upgrades its packages as well. :D

Man they got bandwidth… the problem is their copper lines which can’t support anything above 1mb.
[/quote]

i have a perfectly fine working 4mbps connection. lines dont repair themselves, you get them repaired!

i have a perfectly fine working 4mbps connection. lines dont repair themselves, you get them repaired!

[/quote]

The core issue with ptcl is that you have to run around in circles to get your line repaired.in other words,their customer support sucks

They should not upgrade their package but, they shoul updgrade thier system and give 100% speed which they are offering.

They should not upgrade their package but, they shoul updgrade thier system and give 100% speed which they are offering.
[/quote]

If you mean after sale support,then yes!

--

why? is it damaged?

The core issue with ptcl is that you have to run around in circles to get your line repaired.in other words,their customer support sucks

[/quote]

you really dont have to. every time I’ve had a DSL issue it has been resolved in the timeliest manner possible. It took me 2 days to get my copper line replaced when I got the 4mbps connection

--

They are already oversold at many locations, they don't appear to have enough bw to offer any upgrades , but they may still to kill the remaining competition , I wish the competition commission of Pakistan was actually working and could kick ptcl hard.

btw my 2mbps is still not upgraded 4mbps , they say they can't they have no bandwidth available , its already oversold , which is atleast the case for number of exchanges here in karachi.

Instead of upgrading packages and advertising them, they should change poor copper medium to fiber optic.

In this way they can add more DSL users to their network at existing speeds and tarrifs.

But they don't care for us. Bitter Reality.

Instead of upgrading packages and advertising them, they should change poor copper medium to fiber optic.

In this way they can add more DSL users to their network at existing speeds and tarrifs.

But they don’t care for us. Bitter Reality.

[/quote]

yup u are right!! But from my recent interaction with PTCL staff was astonishing. It was more then 4months that i’ve meet anyone from PTCL no lineman and DSL guys. But recently when i had to get a friend’s modem replaced i was stunned to see their change in attitude. It was lyk some real gud organization i’m dealing with. I remember back when i went to get my modem replaced. They used to investigate allot but this tym they replaced the Shiro modem and even said “sir agar apko 4ports wala chahiye tu woh leh jaen” and there was gratitude in their voice as well. I went to the exchange for a little query and the whole DSL staff was moved to a new re-furnished room with LCDs and stuff. From this i’m having a gesture that they(management) is working on improving stuff internally. And another thing that an adjacent area to my place had its line totally dug up and repaired. All the poles and DPs were replaced and the underground joints where refreshed ensuring every pair to get 18-20Mbps attainability on copper. There are changes going on inside but it will take some time to revolutionize the whole institute.