Will my power supply pick up 8500gt?

my pc spec are

dual core e5200 2.5ghz

DG31PR intel motherboard

2 gb ddr2 800 mhz ram

power supply of pioneer 400watt ( as written on it )

i am planning to buy a 8500gt for gaming , please let me know is my power supply enough to power it ??? or i have to buy a new one ? the dealer from which i bought , said that u will need a new power supply of cooler master worth 2500 , but i have seen some of my friends using the same built in power supply n using the graphic cards and facing no problems.

i m confused , so please help me and clear it out

i do't think it will work...your friends are lucky....even if it works you wont get optimum performance out of it...

you can buy cooler master 460W psu which is 3500 brand new......im also tinking of buying the same combo for my new built...

btw which PSU are you talking about that costs 2500? is it some gud brand? give me details.

it is of cooler master 350w new one , black in colour , one of the dealer showed me , it was very big , as compare to normal PSU

yaar get a chinese one if the branded ones are too expensive... something like atleast 460 watts

if u can afford then just go for corsair HX 520

http://www.corsair.com/products/hx/default.aspx

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yaar get a chinese one if the branded ones are too expensive… something like atleast 460 watts
[/quote]

Chinese PSUs bakwaas hoti hain…jab blast hogi toh processor board ya ram saath le ker jayegi…

always buy a good brand when it comes to the power supply.

460W cooler master is perfect for powering most of the card till 9 series and price of brand new is reasonable.

8500GT is a very low performance card and barely requires any power. There were some variants of it which didnt even require a power connector

your current powersupply is enough for 8500gt as it's a very low end and very less power consuming card and secondly ur processor is 45nm which also requires very less power so u'll be gud to go with ur current power supply don't waste money on buying a branded one i'm dead sure about it.

my pc spec are

dual core e5200 2.5ghz

DG31PR intel motherboard

2 gb ddr2 800 mhz ram

power supply of pioneer 400watt ( as written on it )

i am planning to buy a 8500gt for gaming , please let me know is my power supply enough to power it ??? or i have to buy a new one ? the dealer from which i bought , said that u will need a new power supply of cooler master worth 2500 , but i have seen some of my friends using the same built in power supply n using the graphic cards and facing no problems.

i m confused , so please help me and clear it out

[/quote]

yes dear damn shopkeeper is trying to sell and make som money frm u…u dont need a new psu ur current psu is ok…i m running 8600gt on chinese psu labeled OIGIX 400watt frm last 9 10 months still working fine…

Chinese PSUs bakwaas hoti hain…jab blast hogi toh processor board ya ram saath le ker jayegi…

always buy a good brand when it comes to the power supply.

460W cooler master is perfect for powering most of the card till 9 series and price of brand new is reasonable.

[/quote]

nah yara… i got a chinese one for a long time now and it is going great guns

nah yara… i got a chinese one for a long time now and it is going great guns

[/quote]

yaar…ur lucky…mien bohot chinese PSUs kharab hoti dekhi hain…

mien abhi 30,000 ka system bana raha hoon…us mien chinese PSU laga di or baad mien kuch hogaya toh mien toh gaya

and PCI-e 8500gt is a low end card? i think it runs most of the games at medium/high settings.

8800 GT kesa hai? PCI-e?

Yar 8500gt is a very very low end card as compared to many other cards which are available in the market.

Don't go for 8500gt instead get a used 7900gs/gt or go for a used or new 8600gt and thats too at minimum. 8800gt is a great great card if u go for it then it would be much much better and then u'll definately need a good psu as 8800gt is a power hungry card.

Secondly whatever card u go for if u are this much doubtful about chineese psu and if u've got money then buy CM460w at minimum.

Another thing u can also go for HIS ICeQ 4670 which is a budget card and a very very gud one which will allow u to play all games and further it will run on ur current 400w powersupply easilty as it consumes very less power.

whats the price of HIS ICeQ 4670 ???

M plannin' to buy 8600 gt for ma p4(HT) runnin' on intel 915 board with a 400 watt PSU. Will dat be ok?

Wow.

Im amazed to read some posts here.

460watt for a 8500gt ? :|

Ive run a 8800GT on a 380watt. Even a 350watt :| On load with these cards and a dual core you aint using 300watt even. Companies always over rate there cards. Go look at reviewss

@sharyar.

Pyar muhabbat say chalaiga bro. But I wont recommend 8600GT. Atleast 8600GTS lo ... it should be for 6k now. Purana card hai.

K bro. I will buy 8600gt(silent). And m glad to knw dat ma 400 watt PSU will support 8600 gts. :) . Thanx