Wifi problem

Hello all :)

I am new to the forum. Hope to have a great time discussing things here.

I just wanted to discuss one of the issues with the wifi hotspot we have made in home. Since the number of computers became 3 from 2 so it was messy to provide them internet using normal LAN wire and normal tp-link switch. So we bought a wifi router and connected one computer near it through lan wire, got USB adapter for another desktop at upper storey of home and third is laptop so it doesn't need any adapter thing anyways. Now the issue with the computer using usb adapter is that on startup the internet wont work for several minutes. Sometimes I have to plug out the usb adapter or turn off/on from the configuration utility to get the net working. Also it sometimes gets disconnected in between. My question was what can be the problem ? Is it with our hardware or the location of the router which is serving as hot spot for all devices ?

COmments would be appreciated

[quote=“EngineBlock, post:, topic:”]

Hello all :)

I am new to the forum. Hope to have a great time discussing things here.

I just wanted to discuss one of the issues with the wifi hotspot we have made in home. Since the number of computers became 3 from 2 so it was messy to provide them internet using normal LAN wire and normal tp-link switch. So we bought a wifi router and connected one computer near it through lan wire, got USB adapter for another desktop at upper storey of home and third is laptop so it doesn’t need any adapter thing anyways. Now the issue with the computer using usb adapter is that on startup the internet wont work for several minutes. Sometimes I have to plug out the usb adapter or turn off/on from the configuration utility to get the net working. Also it sometimes gets disconnected in between. My question was what can be the problem ? Is it with our hardware or the location of the router which is serving as hot spot for all devices ?

COmments would be appreciated

[/quote]

Range and Signal strength is the main issue…Try changing the routers location…If it has detachable antenna option then replace its current antenna with a 5dbi or a little higher one. And incase the option is not there for you then try replacing the USB adapter with better, 108Mbps or higher attaining capacity USB adapter. Hope it helps u a bit.

The above suggestion is good and should you be able to address that, you are looking to be able to use the internet better now. You might also want to upgrade the router, though that would not be looking feasible as you just got it. May I ask though, what type did you get and what is the appended letter on it?

Though, you might also want to update the driver used for the adapter as using an outdated one can at times be the problem.