Wifi Connection

Hello Guyz

I am using DSL, student package. I want to use Wifi connection for my Ipad 2.

Now if i buy a Wireless Router can i have the wifi connection or i must change my DSL modem to an other modem that has Wireless connection ?

Is there anyway to connect a wifi router to my current dsl modem ??

The following thread will be helpful for you

thnx , but couldnt get my answer fromt that post !

Help please

Yes you can use use your existing modem with your newly bought wifi router. OR you can ask PTCL to replace you existing modem with a wirless modem.

Two devices Vs. One device

Choice is yours

Note: PTCL will charge for the wireless modem every month I think.

[quote=“Faisal, post:5, topic:15771”]

Yes you can use use your existing modem with your newly bought wifi router. OR you can ask PTCL to replace you existing modem with a wirless modem.

Two devices Vs. One device

Choice is yours

Note: PTCL will charge for the wireless modem every month I think.

[/quote]

thnx 4 replying

So it means that if i buy A wifi router i could have Wifi connection, does the extra charges from ptcl only when we replace our modem to a wifi modem or no it will also come with the another wifi router that i buy ?

extra charges will be charged when you use ptcl wifi router and if you use another router with your existing ptcl modem no extra charges will be applied....

[quote=“Ruhi, post:6, topic:15771”]

thnx 4 replying

So it means that if i buy A wifi router i could have Wifi connection, does the extra charges from ptcl only when we replace our modem to a wifi modem or no it will also come with the another wifi router that i buy ?

[/quote]

If you buy your own, it will be your own. PTCL wouldn’t even know about it and they can’t charge you for it since you didn’t buy it from them.

If you replace your modem with a wireless modem from PTCL, they will just replace it for free and charge something like 200 or 300 extra in the bill for a year or two to cover the cost of that wireless modem.

Waisy its better if buy your own if you know how to deal with modems. if you don’t wanna get into the modem fuss, ask PTCL to replace it.