Wifi Adapter USB or Wifi PCI Adapter?

As you know my ethernet cable became faulty and my neighbor is unable to use internet. What I was suggesting him to get a Wifi USB or PCI adapter because he is getting full Wifi signals so I think it is better to avoid getting a new cable.

I want to know which one is more reliable / durable, Wifi adapter USB or Wifi PCI adapter?

I am looking at these devices from TP-Link,

PCI Adapter: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN951N

USB Adapter: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN727N

For convenience & futuristic use, buy the USB Adapter. Personally I am using a PCI adapter mainly cause I have a desktop PC which has a PCI slot.

If your concern is about performance then I would say PCI or PCI-e adapters are generally (not significantly) considered better & are expensive then the USB ones but that's about it. Main advantage of PCI or PCI-e adapters is that the let you use that extra USB port which you won't be able to in case of the USB adapter.

you won't really feel any difference between a USB and PCI(e) adapter specially if your main goal to provide 2 to 4mbps bandwidth to your neighbor at a certain distance.

But for satisfaction, buy a good make/brand such as netgear or linksys. if these are too expensive for you then buy from D-link .... if not then tp-link

here's the adapter list from galaxy and their respective price/specs http://www.galaxy.com.pk/networking-wifi-adaptor-pakistan.html

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:21229”]

here's the adapter list from galaxy and their respective price/specs http://www.galaxy.com.pk/networking-wifi-adaptor-pakistan.html

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I personally like to get USB adapter for myself too because it looks sleek, I want to reduce the wires from my computer table that's another reason too.

By the way, that Galaxy website you shared, did you every purchase something from them? Are they reliable?

I never had a chance to buy online from galaxy but I once bought RAM for somebody else from their retail store here in 6th road, RWP. and the deal I got from them was pretty awesome. Saved 50% money as compared to everybody else that I asked for the same deal and spent that saved money on a lavish meal for two ^_^

Wait, dose that mean I ripped off galaxy dudes? :huh:

But the reason for sharing the galaxy's list wasn't for that you must buy from galaxy. It was to give you a general product/price/specs idea before you go out and buy the product that you have selected for yourself from any dealer.... to help get a better deal/product.

Galaxy is reliable as per my experience. They offer COD too.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[quote=", post:5, topic:21229"]

Galaxy is reliable as per my experience. They offer COD too. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

What is COD?

[quote="Faisal, post:4, topic:21229"]

I never had a chance to buy online from galaxy but I once bought RAM for somebody else from their retail store here in 6th road, RWP. and the deal I got from them was pretty awesome. Saved 50% money as compared to everybody else that I asked for the same deal and spent that saved money on a lavish meal for two ^_^

Wait, dose that mean I ripped off galaxy dudes? :huh:

But the reason for sharing the galaxy's list wasn't for that you must buy from galaxy. It was to give you a general product/price/specs idea before you go out and buy the product that you have selected for yourself from any dealer.... to help get a better deal/product.

[/quote]

Yes, I understand your point. I was just asking because on that Galaxy website the price of the USB adapter is 800 Rupees but a shop in my area has that device for 1100 Rupees.

I was wondering if Galaxy website is reliable then I should buy from it :)

COD = cash on delivery

TA says yes to galaxy so go for it if you want from galaxy.

[quote=“jani, post:6, topic:21229”]

What is COD?

Yes, I understand your point. I was just asking because on that Galaxy website the price of the USB adapter is 800 Rupees but a shop in my area has that device for 1100 Rupees.

I was wondering if Galaxy website is reliable then I should buy from it :)

[/quote]

COD = Call of duty

As for galaxy.. the galaxy lahore shop is one of the highest reputed shops, with quality information and great dealing, and good warranty claims.. i have not ordered online ever, but the shop deals are original. product is always genuine, and if they offer advice listen to them their advice is usually good based on market and customer feedback.

i only buy stuff from galaxy for almost a decade.

^^^ i am not in call of duty stuff so CoD is cash on delivery for me :-P

اس کا مطلب ہے کاش آن ڈلیوری، مطلب پیسوں کی وصولی اُس وقت کی جائے گی جب آپ کی آرڈر کردہ چیز آپ کے دروازے پر پہنچ جائے گی

sent from an Unknown device using Tapatalk 2

کاش نہیں کیش

There are numerous factors to consider with regards to the specific products you referenced.

Is the main intended use with PC or laptop. If the former, PCI card is better since it has multiple antennas which will result in better connectivity. Just make sure the mainboard has support for the particular type of PCI slot as required for selected card. For the latter case, the USB option is the practical one but it will have reduced range/performance.

If you have MAC address based assignments and/or restrictions, PCI card is the better option since it can not be as easily swapped (relatively) as USB.

However, I have experienced some issues with some TPLink 54/150Mbps PCI cards in the past which required a PC restart for the wireless connections to appear and work correctly in Windows 7. If using the USB device, remedy would be to just take the device out and re-insert into the USB port which is far simpler.

You may also counter-check prices on Shophive and Vmart for peace of mind. Galaxy was a good option, when I last dealt with them for purchase and warranty claims but that was half a decade back or so.

[quote=", post:11, topic:21229"]

کاش نہیں کیش

[/quote]

یہاں میں نے کاش لفظ عربی کا استعمال کیا ہے نہ کہ اردو کا،

sent from an Unknown device using Tapatalk 2