Widescreen lcd v/s narrow screen!

i dont know why the market is full of widescreen monitors and i couldn't find the narrow screen lcd of any reputable brand in uni centre and uni plaza as well in 19 or above inches !

i dont think so that widesceen monitors presents the actual true picture , like it cant produce the true dimensions of human face etc ! it is ok to see a movie for some time (like the plasmas HD) but in general or editing in photoshop etc or 3D max i think the widescreens are not the correct choice. !

share your opinion.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i dont know why the market is full of widescreen monitors and i couldn’t find the narrow screen lcd of any reputable brand in uni centre and uni plaza as well in 19 or above inches !

i dont think so that widesceen monitors presents the actual true picture , like it cant produce the true dimensions of human face etc ! it is ok to see a movie for some time (like the plasmas HD) but in general or editing in photoshop etc or 3D max i think the widescreens are not the correct choice. !

share your opinion.

[/quote]

I will always go for a wide screen as it gives you more area to work on the screen. It is highly recommended if you watch movies on your computer as you can enjoy the movie in its native aspect ratio. Almost all new LCDs and monitors are wide screen as normal 4:3 is not in demand and companies have stopped producing them.

LCDs are not recommended for photo and video editing as most LCDs can not reproduce all range of colors. For photo/vedio editing a CRT is recommended.

As far as wide screen monitors not able to reproduce true dimensions of a human face etc. I have never experienced anything like this and this might be a problem of LCD incorrectly setup, than a flaw in the wide screen technology.

nadeem5476, i dont know why the market is full of widescreen monitors and i couldn't find the narrow screen lcd of any reputable brand in uni centre and uni plaza as well in 19 or above inches !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

narrow screen lcds of philips (brand new) are available in the market right now.

be warned though,,, philips does not give you warranty for bad pixels,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

nadeem5476, i dont think so that widesceen monitors presents the actual true picture , like it cant produce the true dimensions of human face etc !

asus lcds are available in the market which lets you reduce the picture within the lcd for photo editing

@ raza007

"As far as wide screen monitors not able to reproduce true dimensions of a human face etc. I have never experienced anything like this and this might be a problem of LCD incorrectly setup, than a flaw in the wide screen technology."

no dear i m using 2 plasmas and 2 LCDs in my home and i know the aspect ratios tht what is 16:9 and what is 4:3 but if u watch a man face in 4:3 then you can view the face in natural dimensions and if u watch the same in the 16:9 (wide) then the face will look more WIDER then its normal size .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ raza007

"As far as wide screen monitors not able to reproduce true dimensions of a human face etc. I have never experienced anything like this and this might be a problem of LCD incorrectly setup, than a flaw in the wide screen technology."

no dear i m using 2 plasmas and 2 LCDs in my home and i know the aspect ratios tht what is 16:9 and what is 4:3 but if u watch a man face in 4:3 then you can view the face in natural dimensions and if u watch the same in the 16:9 (wide) then the face will look more WIDER then its normal size .

[/quote]

You need to correctly setup your software setting. Which software are you using to view the face? Set it to the default of the source. For example, if you are watching a movie that is in an aspect ratio of 4:3, then you need to select the same ratio in the software, even if you are watching it on a wide screen. If you do not, the software will try to fit the 4:3 movie to a 16:9 screen and will result in a stretched picture.

It is not a defect in the wide screen technology.

dear i know that what you are trying to say actually , if i adjust / set the aspect ration to 4:3 then the sides of the screen will cut and in the result less screen size will b available to work upon.

i have uploaded some pics please chk it oput what i m trying to say

wide mode please see this

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3011/p5230001.jpg

normal / narrow mode please chk this

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4994/p5230003f.jpg

and see the difference in both !

For a 16:9 view ... you should appropiately set your resolution as well.

A normal 4:3 resolution (1280x1024 for example) will look 'stretched' on a widescreen ... for widescreen you need to set it at 1280x720.

That is exactly whats happening on the wide/normal screen!

The TV feed is a VGA 640x480 ... will be stretched if you try the 16:9 resolution!

Okay, I will say again what I said before. You are trying to watch a 4:3 feed on a widescreen TV. Under normal setting it will run with two black bars on the left and right of the screen. But you have forced it to stretch and fill the screen and that is why the screen looks distorted.

You are watching normal TV and it is in a 4:3 format. If you want to watch it in such a way that it fills the entire TV screen, you need to watch it on a 4:3 TV.

If you ever have a 16:9 feed then it should run on your 16:9 TV in full screen.

I hope you understood what I said above.