Wi-tribe throttling torrents

I'm pretty much sick and fed up of wi-tribe's download speeds. For the past week or so I have noticed download speeds on torrents (I use a private tracker so no seeding issues) have been throttled from around 4 or 5 in the evening to around 12 midnight or 1am. Speedtest.net shows the right speed (between 1.5mb and 1.6mb on speedboost), ftp download rates are also perfect (between 170-200 kb/s). Torrent speed however does not go over 9-10 kb/s without fail, not even for a minute..regardless of torrent site, seeders, leechers etc. When I call up wi-tribe all they say is they don't guarantee download speeds on torrents. I'm pretty sure they're throttling torrent downloads and all the extra GBs I purchase from them are no good to me when I can't use them when I want.

Can't wait to get connected to PTCL.

I can confirm these piece of #$%# tactics by Wi-tribe.

Also FYI, YouTube / streaming videos is also throttled by wi-tribe, another crap of an ISP.

hmmmmm.... they don't guarantee download speeds on torrents but what about youtube and Daily motion. Sometimes after 10 P.M I can't watch videos on these sites. Same problem here, 10K download speed.

[quote="rizla, post:, topic:"]
Can't wait to get connected to PTCL.
[/quote]

I throw away PTCL for wi-tribe. I wonder what ISP to select now :blink:

[quote=“greatlogix, post:3, topic:15020”]

I throw away PTCL for wi-tribe. I wonder what ISP to select now :blink:

[/quote]

well I just got a new line installed, hopefully I’ll have a better experience once they connect the broadband.

fyi, wi-tribe is not good for live streaming, it never has been. A 1 mb dsl connection can easily play 500-600k bit streams but wi-tribe with speedboost can’t, I guess that’s the drawback of a wireless connection. Unfortunately all the new ISPs are only focusing on wireless internet.

Wireless technology has nothing to do with it. its just that the wireless ISPs are crap. ditch em and opt for PTCL if your into torrenting.

yeah bro, I just got the line today, hope they can install the dsl ASAP.

I was just monitoring my torrent rate which was going steady under 10 kb/s. I checked right after 1 am and suddenly the torrent rate (which has been downloading at 5-6kb/s since 6pm) jumped up directly to 170 kb/s. 1 am is quite obviously the cut off point for their throttling tactics.

All wimax should just commit mass suicide. Their sad excuse of an exisrence should definitely be puy out of its misery. Add insult to injury, they claim to b the best in broadband. All wimax companies really r nothing more than extortion groups. I'd rather ban the internet than using their sorry excuse they call broadband.

Faggots.

[quote=“jDk, post:7, topic:15020”]

All wimax should just commit mass suicide. Their sad excuse of an exisrence should definitely be puy out of its misery. Add insult to injury, they claim to b the best in broadband. All wimax companies really r nothing more than extortion groups. I’d rather ban the internet than using their sorry excuse they call broadband.

Faggots.

[/quote]

Agree. except the ban part! I would also call all the current wimax companies out for false advertising.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
The current WiMAX revision provides up to 40 Mbit/s…
[/quote]

From wikipedia. And look at the speeds the ppl here are selling! pathetic. and they can’t even deliver a 1mbps link on a technology which supports much faster speeds. I can understand selling a 1mb connection due to expensive bandwidth and so on, but not being able to provide 1mbp speed on a modern wireless link is just amazingly pathetic.

Stop buying Wi-Tribe, its Customer Care department misguide customers and doing fraud by saying endless package and they didnt tell clearly the limit of downloading data either it is limited not endless.

Wi-Tribe Scam

http://www.facebook.com/witribevictim

WiTribe is definately throttling torrent downloads, used to.like witribe but now its degrading.

Other then throttling they have also started false advertising.

They have a clear 40 gb cap which in no way can be advertised as endless because as soon as you reach the limit your charged for the usage. Ive seen false "unlimited" advertising before but noting like this.

So we have this big unuion against wi-tribe. Great!

I'll join in.. cuz even I have started to dislike their nature of not upgrading internet speeds. Its been 3 years and they still cant double their speeds. The rest of the world is running at 20Mbps+ and we are stuck below 1Mbps.. thanks to crappy ISPs like wi-tribe.

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:11, topic:15020”]

So we have this big unuion against wi-tribe. Great!

I’ll join in… cuz even I have started to dislike their nature of not upgrading internet speeds. Its been 3 years and they still cant double their speeds. The rest of the world is running at 20Mbps+ and we are stuck below 1Mbps… thanks to crappy ISPs like wi-tribe.

[/quote]

Agreed, i used to have a 24 Mbps connection in UK , and that was around 4 years ago!

But well i got used to slow speeds but this is crazy. Their connection isn’t even unlimited and they still throttle torrents, outrageous! If this continues ill definitely be switching soon.

Check if your ISP is throttling anything here. http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

P.S i'am fine on my 2Mb wi-tribe connection on YouTube and torrents speeds up-to 320kbps average 250kpbs any time of the day

Num skull Wi-tribe is still throttling torrents.