Wi-Fi on desi LAN cable

Well, I've just gotten a NetGear wireless router and wanted to make my Desi Lan wireless in my house. The problem is I can't figure out how to do #$%# with it.. Tried alot, but the net wala says he'll do it for a 1000bucks..

I told him to perform the necessary functions from his side so that it enables me to share it, but he says it's all on the user end, no server changes needed.

Can anyone just help me do it? I know quite a little networking, and can also access the network thru my PC, but just can't seem to work with it.

Warm Regards,

Abdul Basit

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well, I’ve just gotten a NetGear wireless router and wanted to make my Desi Lan wireless in my house. The problem is I can’t figure out how to do #$%# with it… Tried alot, but the net wala says he’ll do it for a 1000bucks…

I told him to perform the necessary functions from his side so that it enables me to share it, but he says it’s all on the user end, no server changes needed.

Can anyone just help me do it? I know quite a little networking, and can also access the network thru my PC, but just can’t seem to work with it.

Warm Regards,

Abdul Basit

[/quote]

i think ur able wala binds ur service to ur mac address does ur router have a mac address spoffing option?

if it does just put in the mac address of ur pc and see if it works then

some info on how does your cable net works would help

and also does ur cable wala use a proxy or not?

most of these gali-mohalla cableWalas use proxies of some kind.

He had a proxy before, but not now. I connect thru the option of Direct Connection to the internet in Firefox.

I can spoof MACs on my PC, and he has my spoofed MAC address only :P (Why to give him the real deal?)

But I don't think my router can have it spoofed. I can tell him though to change my MAC to my router's MAC.

He has a linux box that does the job, had ISA before but now there's nothing like that. Plus, to prevent from recent ARP Spoofing attacks, he has made it necessary to use a software called Anti-ARP Poisoner to use the internet.

But what should I do.. Just change that address and will it work?

He had a proxy before, but not now. I connect thru the option of Direct Connection to the internet in Firefox.

I can spoof MACs on my PC, and he has my spoofed MAC address only :P (Why to give him the real deal?)

But I don’t think my router can have it spoofed. I can tell him though to change my MAC to my router’s MAC.

He has a linux box that does the job, had ISA before but now there’s nothing like that. Plus, to prevent from recent ARP Spoofing attacks, he has made it necessary to use a software called Anti-ARP Poisoner to use the internet.

But what should I do… Just change that address and will it work?

[/quote]

yes changin the adress will work i think

but i m not sure abt the software he makes u run

But I don’t think my router can have it spoofed. I can tell him though to change my MAC to my router’s MAC.

He has a linux box that does the job, had ISA before but now there’s nothing like that. Plus, to prevent from recent ARP Spoofing attacks, he has made it necessary to use a software called Anti-ARP Poisoner to use the internet.

But what should I do… Just change that address and will it work?

[/quote]

are there any chance that you are using horizon internet cable?

btw what router you have?

yes changin the adress will work i think

but i m not sure abt the software he makes u run

[/quote]

it works like this:

they put your mac address in server and bind an ip like 10.10.0.1 to your mac address and whenever any device use that mac address it will get that ip assigned so it will work if he does the right settings in the router

but when i spoof some other mac address on my computer my net doesn’t works will try to experiment again