Wi-Fi Lan Card! Cost?

Man I ASked my dsl guy to bring me a wifi capable router to replace with my old router

now i was thinking of buying a wifi lan card

so can someone tell me prices for new and used wifi lan cards and if they are available in pakistan

Probably Rs.1500 to 2000.

PCI Card: 1500

USB Stick:2000

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PCI Card: 1500

USB Stick:2000

[/quote]

Direct hit! woot!

I wouldn't recommend going for a USB wireless stick. I have one, not very good. It requires a very high signal to get a good connection, plus the speed varies vastly. It'd be very fast at times, and ten seconds later it'd just die.

I wouldn’t recommend going for a USB wireless stick. I have one, not very good. It requires a very high signal to get a good connection, plus the speed varies vastly. It’d be very fast at times, and ten seconds later it’d just die.
[/quote]

Have you used PCI Card?I am thinking about purchasing a PCI Card for my computer.

would any model support external antenna to extend its range etc?

i have a netgear wireless router (edit: WGR614) and needed a wireless card for a remote pc. i tried a linksys which wasnt too good, a netgear usb model which didnt work (i think the unit was doa), finally a netgear +G card. this one is decent. i get 78-81% signal about 90 feet awat from source with loads of walls in between.

using the router i can ge signal to by cell (p990) everywhere except the kitchen and the basement.

looking for a price drop on the 'n' std models with a gigbit ethernet option (a USR model speicifically).

i have a netgear wireless router (wrt54g i think) and needed a wireless card for a remote pc. i tried a linksys which wasnt too good, a netgear usb model which didnt work (i think the unit was doa), finally a netgear +G card. this one is decent. i get 78-81% signal about 90 feet awat from source with loads of walls in between.

using the router i can ge signal to by cell (p990) everywhere except the kitchen and the basement.

looking for a price drop on the ‘n’ std models with a gigbit ethernet option (a USR model speicifically).

[/quote]

the WRT 54 G is made by linksys

does netgear have a router with the same name?

the WRT 54 G is made by linksys

does netgear have a router with the same name?

[/quote]

i am very bad with names, thus the ‘i think’ before.

it is a wgr 614.

(apologies)