Why upload speeds are always low?

I am using 2 connections (Wateen 1Mb and Worldcall 3.1Mb). Wateen always give 1Mb download speed but their upload speed is very low (like 0.25 - 0.35Mb).

But on the other hand Worldcall always give more than 1Mb upload speed. Their download speed varies in day and night but upload speed is always same.

I used PTCL wingle too for one month, their upload speed was also not very good.

What's the reason these internet companies don't give good upload speed? Is there any way to increase it?

Well, in Pak they almost always give a quarter upload speed of the total download speed.

1MB DL = 0.25MB UL

2MB DL = 0.50MB UL

4MB DL = 1MB UL

So on... It's one of those things that you just have to deal with.

because internet is ADSL , in which speed is more focused on downstream , not in upstream . you can purchase SDSL to achieve both speed equal downstream and upstream ;)

[quote=“gbaz, post:3, topic:21840”]

because internet is ADSL , in which speed is more focused on downstream , not in upstream . you can purchase SDSL to achieve both speed equal downstream and upstream ;)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I searched a bit about SDSL, it is more for small & medium businesses because of price which is higher than normal ADSL internet.

We just have to deal with it because we don't have any other option :(

1st world countries upload

3rd world countries download

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:21840”]

1st world countries upload

3rd world countries download

[/quote]true that :D

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

I think this speed test shows exactly what we are talking here. The download speed is 1Mb and am getting the exact quarter of it as upload speed.

4050342724.png

Nayatel upload speeds are same as download speeds.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2