Why the topics are being closed after only 1 post?

want to know why the mods are closing the topic like the one i recently posted

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7824

tht who is responsible and who will pay !

and the topix like mr 10% is OK ????

kindly think b4 deleting or show the genuine reason . it was according to the rules but still closed !!

huh !

tht was made bcz to get opinion what ppl say about this ! and you closed tht instantly !

great work man !

It was closed because it wasn't related to technology. It was just going to lead to more political comments. C'mon give him a break, we have 3 mods for 3000+ users. If everyone starts to question their authority, it'd be awful for them.

Well, all i have to say about this is "something which doesn't deserve to be posted shouldn't be posted".

Nadeem apparently you don't check your emails. You had emailed us regarding the same issue and it was answered. Anyway below is my email to you again, if you missed it. What you posted happens everyday thousands of times over, i don't understand what was there to be discussed about.

Please quit ur whining and cry baby attitude.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
we can't put all common sense stuff in the rules area. The rules don't mention that you shouldn't jump off a cliff either... so does that mean you should ?

Just because something is not included in the rules section, doesn't mean common sense should be ignored.

Posting someone's number on an open board is just plain stupid, no matter what the reason for posting is. We discourage you to post your own number on the board, let alone someone else's.

-Mod

[/quote]

They usually Close the topics Blindly... Just to show their moderatorship .. dats it..

They usually Close the topics Blindly… Just to show their moderatorship … dats it…
[/quote]

didn’t you read carefully above yours?

@shoxee: BTW that Internet End in 2010 or whatever topic you commented had an objectionable youtube video linked to it like you say (youtube doesn't work on my internet so I can't say for sure if it's objectionable or not). So it isn't really the mod's fault if he didn't go look at the video. If I post a list of 100 vids, its not a mod's job to go through them, the report button on the side is for a purpose, if you felt the topic should've been closed you could have reported it. I for one am thankful to these moderators, because unlike other sites which put a bunch of ads and other crap just to earn money, these moderators are running these forums just for us. Like I'd be thankful to Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia) but not to whoever made Britannica.

no offense but such topix like this one : http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7824

is baseless its just a casual accident .

Cheers! WP is really clean of ads. And why threads are closed its seems that some people here don't know what's common sense. So i'll define it for public betterment "Common sense is a sense which is not common"

Here it goes so simple. I think MODs should change their status to Cricket umpire as no one can challenge their authority. I Favor in closing each and every thread that is out of limits of tech.

When i first time visited WP it was marvelous but time by time i'm felling irrelevent threads are degrading WP, thats why they should be closed immediatly and dumped to graveyard. (I think we don't have a graveyard at WP)

I don't think we should discuss if an accident has happened Due to a technical fault or not.

I wrote just what i think so guys don't kill me for this.

Every member who joins this forum agrees to a set of "rules". The Rules are not just to gloss over. They are essential to keeping the forum moving in the right direction. It is not the fault of forum administration if any one glosses over the rules without reading them and then violates them knowingly or unknowingly. That is why, a few warnings are given before permanent ban unless it is a clear cut case of hit and run spamming.

We rely on many of our our intelligent regular members to report any posts which violate the forum rules in any way. And many members tend to do so and stay out of the argument(s) in threads which proves to be very helpful. The rules did not pop out of no where. They evolved with time and many of the older members know this well.

Every single topic closed or deleted is treated as such because it violates the rules in some way. And regardless of what anyone thinks, we are accountable for our actions to the forum administrator. If you feel you have been dealt with unfairly, feel welcome to email him.

Nadeem apparently you don’t check your emails. You had emailed us regarding the same issue and it was answered. Anyway below is my email to you again, if you missed it. What you posted happens everyday thousands of times over, i don’t understand what was there to be discussed about.

Please quit ur whining and cry baby attitude.

[/quote]

OHHH 1st of all i didnt get this email and was waiting and waiting for the reply but frankly speaking didnt get the same !

any how but i think this is wise to ADD a new rule tht no one will post a number of any one else without his permission ! this would b best for one who is joining the WP so he could read all the rules in a glance and no need to browse each n every pOST of the forum to know the rules :)

any how

noted

They usually Close the topics Blindly… Just to show their moderatorship … dats it…
[/quote]

no comments :)

no offense but such topix like this one : http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7824

is baseless its just a casual accident .

[/quote]

why it is baseless , it is not JUST an accident dear , what if it is not your car, but in WP may b any member had the same situation and i was waiting to know tht what he did in tht case ?

where did he lodge the complain ?

how he was compensated ?

and by whom ???

but…

Mods are Mods and no offence they are Pakistani too :) like me

To be honest, i didnt see any reason why nadeem's topic was closed.

True it MIGHT have lead to a political debate or whatever, But it DIDNT lead to any debate yet so why was it closed? If people start debating and the topic goes beyond the rules, THEN close it. I dont understand why close a topic only because it MIGHT turn into a political debate. What if it doesnt? :P

To be honest, i didnt see any reason why nadeem’s topic was closed.

True it MIGHT have lead to a political debate or whatever, But it DIDNT lead to any debate yet so why was it closed? If people start debating and the topic goes beyond the rules, THEN close it. I dont understand why close a topic only because it MIGHT turn into a political debate. What if it doesnt? :P

[/quote]

The primary reason it was closed was because it was “just another” accident. So many of these take place everyday. What was so special about that particular accident that needed to be discussed?

The primary reason it was closed was because it was “just another” accident. So many of these take place everyday. What was so special about that particular accident that needed to be discussed?

[/quote]

but no other accident was discussed here at least ever (or if so we didnt find the same)

Kindly open tht thread so we could post inputs in tht

[/quote]

Like nadeem said there arent any similar accidents discussed here.

Anyway…

but no other accident was discussed here at least ever (or if so we didnt find the same)

Kindly open tht thread so we could post inputs in tht

[/quote]

it wsnt an accident…might b a drunk driver…or a blind one :D a huge pile of bricks like this one can b seen frm a long distance but he bangs in it…so IMO no one is responsible for his acts

what if all these opinions / possibilities was discussed in the same topic which was closed :) ??

in my opinion it can happen with any one, like if you are over taking a truck / bus / mini bus and as you started over taking the UNEXPECTED brick pile was there and baaannnnnnnngggg (as the pile is not seen bcz of the huge body of the bus when you are driving just behind the bus)

i myself was about to bang in the same typo thing at rashid mehnas road a few days before while over taking the mini bus and the car was brand new :) thanks to ALLAH i remained safe and the car too i applied brakes immediately as i was pressing gas pedal to overtake but all of sudden i saw a pile was there so scratcccchhhhhing and a bike rider on honda 125 was behind my car he also applied the brakes and slipped :(

^^ Same thing

I was driving and was about to get on the pull on karsaz which links to shara-e-faisal.. That pull is very narrow and i was going at average speed around 50-60 something like that.. suddenly i saw a taxi had parked it had some problem with its engine so it was taking up one whole lane.. So i had to put on the breaks quickly and switch the lane.. Could've easily been an accident as i didnt expect a taxi to be parked there.