Why only a few members active on WP?

There are 100s (or may be thousands) of members of WP but after reading few threads one will come to know that there are only a few active members (not more than 50), what do you think? why is it so?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There are 100s (or may be thousands) of members of WP but after reading few threads one will come to know that there are only a few active members (not more than 50), what do you think? why is it so?
[/quote]

some members just register and never login with their account again

and other members just cant too mcuh time in the forum not that there is anythin wrong with that

i am active, but sometimes i am deactivated by forum management for few days.
[/quote]

that is a whole other issue

lol just kiddin

In nearly all forums, there are a few regular users and many readers/lurkers. Most people join just for the odd query or problem they might face. On the other hand, regular members keep returning to the forum to be a constant part of the community. A forum can have thousands of registered members but only a handful of quality posters.

Are not strict rules of WP keeping people away?

There are no strict rules actually. everything over here is like any other free forum. Basically, if you behave over here, just like you would in real life sitting in a big hall with all the members along you .... you'd be ok.

as for activity, as mentioned, some ppl just register for fun and visit the forum a few times and then gone ... others, even though registered might be busy with their lives as most of the times internet isn't the only thing ppl's got to care about.

[/quote]

I don’t think so!

Actually it is general all around the world when it goes to a forum for a number of reasons.

1. Specific reason when it is over they are gone.

2. Personallity , dont want to help or care about people, hate discussions or are not extrovert.

3. Saad Ibrahim & RuhaanJslip........ They don't allow other lol .....But seriously in all forums including this one some good informational members solve problems of everyone quickly & are really helpful so it leads to other people not to contribute because what they wanted to say had already been explained so they just read & avoid posting ditto remarks

One of the examples of "strict rules" is

User list pruning

Is not it an effort to keep people away from WP?

Is it done on any other forum on Internet?

[/quote]

yes the non active members are automatically removed from the database in other forums and here it doesnt

One of the examples of “strict rules” is

User list pruning

[/quote]

Yes, it’s done, on really huge forums. But there too only members with zero post count who have been inactive for 6-12 months are deleted.

k2munda am active, but sometimes i am deactivated by forum management for few days.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

lol...dont worry dude i think your are ok,,

as for the forum discussion, i guess ppl contribute what they can..

Few members activity in this foroum. Yes it happend all around us when some peoples gathered for any sort of work but you can witnessed that not all working just few doing job. Even in funeral of beloved one or in family, you will witnesse that not all working.

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
One of the examples of “strict rules” is

User list pruning

[/quote]

Well, your intentions are clear enough when we look at the sum total of all your posts in this thread till now.

And FTR, user pruning and rules are two separate things. You guys wouldn’t even have known about the user pruning if we (the forum admin team) hadn’t told you. The user pruning announcement was an attempt to be more open and tell the members what actually is happening with the forum behind the scenes. That should had been a good thing. In retrospect, it wasn’t.

I agree with Asad. And I'm not sure what you're getting at xplorer. Between 5-15 new users register on WP everyday. Although we would like people to contribute as much as possible, it is up to them if they want to post or not. So what exactly is your problem?

Actually it is general all around the world when it goes to a forum for a number of reasons.

1. Specific reason when it is over they are gone.

2. Personallity , dont want to help or care about people, hate discussions or are not extrovert.

3. Saad Ibrahim & RuhaanJslip… They don’t allow other lol …But seriously in all forums including this one some good informational members solve problems of everyone quickly & are really helpful so it leads to other people not to contribute because what they wanted to say had already been explained so they just read & avoid posting ditto remarks

[/quote]

wt i wanted to say, said by shakeel.

So this post is only for ur satisfication. :)

In past i was just ocational reader of WP, after some time i was permanent reader, when i got permanent internet connection at my home i became member.

I hope u will understand now.

wt i wanted to say, said by shakeel.

So this post is only for ur satisfication. :)

In past i was just ocational reader of WP, after some time i was permanent reader, when i got permanent internet connection at my home i became member.

I hope u will understand now.

[/quote]

I’m glad that u proved my point :)