Why not AMAZON?

I searched the price of ipod(touch 8Gb) on net and found that it is tagged at 298 dollars on amazon.com..If we convert it,it becomes 24000R.s and u can add 2 or 3 thousand shipping fee!!!However the price of ipod at IRAFFLES in Lahore is 34000R.s!!!!

I coudnt get that????Isnt AMAZON better???

And I found on other foreign stores that ipods are tagged even n less dollars???

So????

another link I found...

http://www.spearfishingworld.net/Forums/viewtopic/p=4345.html

Infact this link was given someone on WP FORUMS too!!!!

^what do u say about it???

Amazon is good as long as they ship to Pakistan. The 2nd link you gave is nothing but spam n scam so avoid that one.

BTW dogar; check this

http://www.bawanytech.com/ipodtouch.html

iPod Touch is available for 259USD locally with them. Ignore GST part of the price. They did not charge me the GST by simply saying if you are a Company then we will, if you are not then no GST.

Also check with http://www.pakmac.com/

ok then tell me what would be the final price in rupees???

I called IRAFFLES and they said thay shipping have ISSUES so u better buy from our store..u will get an original produce..blah blah....

so i am thinking to buy..what u all suggest...!!!?/

I did get charged a GST/duty last time I ordered stuff from Amazon. Plus, there's a chance of it getting lost since they mostly deliver via normal air-mail (pakpost handles it).

Dogar, I don't have any idea what PakMacs or BawanyTech's final price is going to be. They are also Apple Authorized Dealers. For price just get in touch with them.

hmm.PAKMAC has tagged IPOD TOUCH at 344 dollars..

so we can guess..roundabout 28k

Amazon won't ship the iPod touch outside the US currently -- it would be good if they did!

I guess you should just go with the local resellers. Wherever you get the best deal. Bawany's site says

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Due to volatile currency fluctuation prices are mentioned in USD, current exchange rate will be applied
[/quote]

BTW, here's the shipping rates Amazon charges for Pakistan.

shipping rates are quite ok....

i am thinking that local sellers are over-charging!!!

I don't understand dogar, iPod Touch 8GB is in 259USD with Bawany Technologies. You are willing to buy the same in 298USD from Amazon??????

There is going to be a price difference of a two-five thousand I think and that is acceptable since these guys are nothing but resellers and there is no high demand for this stuff in Pakistan.

Now Raffles price is ridiculous. I bought mine from Bawany Tech and happy with it.

i am thinking that local sellers are over-charging!!!
[/quote]

iPod touch 8GB is $230 and 16GB is $300 – officially. Local resellers are including the shipping price in there as well.

Amazon would charge $220 (iPod) + $10 (standard shipping) = $230. But Amazon does not ship the iPod touch to Pakistan.

I don’t understand dogar, iPod Touch 8GB is in 259USD with Bawany Technologies. You are willing to buy the same in 298USD from Amazon???

There is going to be a price difference of a two-five thousand I think and that is acceptable since these guys are nothing but resellers and there is no high demand for this stuff in Pakistan.

Now Raffles price is ridiculous. I bought mine from Bawany Tech and happy with it.

[/quote]

If u have good experience with BAWANY then why shouldnt I take a plunge???

should I???

Yes I had good experience with Bawany but you are buying, lol, you decide. It's definitely better to get locally.

haha..okay...let's see!!