Why LCD monitor display is pale

I got used Viewsonic VE510s LCD 14 inches monitor its first time i am using and seeing LCD in my whole life.

But the problem is its display is not as CRT, COMPAQ (V710) CRT was also used. My website hungamaonline.net has white background image but in LCD its looking "PALE" and my eyes r getting tired.

Is something wrong with LCD monitor and how to check that picture tube is working fine.

my monitor info.

H freq. 46.99khz

V freq 75.18khz

pixel color: 49.62

Resolution: 800*600

Model: VS10040

Serial: P16052324392

1. Theres no picture tube

2. Either ur vga cable or monitor is damaged.

VGA cable is a little 100 rupee affair, if the monitor has gone bad, God help u. It is always a bad decision to buy a used LCD. I have bought 2 LCDs and never seen a flawless used piece. (though i had to settle for used in one of the purchases)

lcds tend to get like that after 3 years of use, always try to get a less used lcd and check its manufacturing date when buying

Mehenga roay aik baar. sastaa roay baar baar

Don't skimp on the LCD cost. The more you pay, the better stuff you get. Unless you are careful in getting a used LCD, you will end up with duds. Better to invest in a new one.

And LCDs do not lose color even after 3-4 years, as was alluded above. Mine is still going strong after more than 4 years.

don't LCDs have color adjustment options like the CRTs?

and didnt you try it before buying?

btw resolution of 800x600 is rediculously low!

Set the lcd to use its native resolution!

Resolutions other than the native for lcds usually result in these kind of problems.

The native res for ur model is 1024x768.

14'' LCD is bound to suck!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

lcds tend to get like that after 3 years of use, always try to get a less used lcd and check its manufacturing date when buying
[/quote]

i can return this one seller knows me.

14’’ LCD is bound to suck!!
[/quote]

they are but that doesn’t means they will give colour related problems

now i get new LCD monitor, LG L1530S 15" LCD Monitor?

but the issue which i notice is that its footer is very abroad on the head and base is less abroad as compare to head. (head where brand name goes, and footer where setting button goes).

But when i check pic at google img i find normal FLATPANEL. AND its body is fix i can't move from left-right or up to down.

Its named is : flatron L1530S

Well i bought a new LCD samsung 226BW and i also feel the colors are pale as compared to CRT monitors. Probably because of no picture tube.

Well i bought a new LCD samsung 226BW and i also feel the colors are pale as compared to CRT monitors. Probably because of no picture tube.
[/quote]

A picture tube is a vacuum tube used in Cathode Ray Tube monitors. Its not needed in an LCD. Its like complaining that the jet airplane does not have propellers :).

You are right about the colours. LCD monitors don’t have the same richness in colours that CRTs do. However they are lighter, smaller and use less electricity.

Personally I use a used CRT because it is cheaper and has better colours. I am thinking of buying an LCD but the fact that they have high native resolutions compared to the size of the monitor is putting me off. I have weak eyesight and a high resolution will result in smaller text that I won’t be able to read.

A picture tube is a vacuum tube used in Cathode Ray Tube monitors. Its not needed in an LCD. Its like complaining that the jet airplane does not have propellers :).

You are right about the colours. LCD monitors don’t have the same richness in colours that CRTs do. However they are lighter, smaller and use less electricity.

Personally I use a used CRT because it is cheaper and has better colours. I am thinking of buying an LCD but the fact that they have high native resolutions compared to the size of the monitor is putting me off. I have weak eyesight and a high resolution will result in smaller text that I won’t be able to read.

[/quote]

Not really though… I mean text doesnt get smaller… Your LCD is bigger, so if you use the normal 1024x768 the text will be huge on the LCD… if you use the LCD’s native resolution then the size of the text would be normal. I can send you pictures if you want of the text at 1024x768 and 1680x1050 which is the native of my LCD.

Not really though… I mean text doesnt get smaller… Your LCD is bigger, so if you use the normal 1024x768 the text will be huge on the LCD… if you use the LCD’s native resolution then the size of the text would be normal. I can send you pictures if you want of the text at 1024x768 and 1680x1050 which is the native of my LCD.

[/quote]

Yes please. If you can post some pictures of your monitor at native resolution and especially with your web browser displaying news websites like dawn.net or cricinfo.com that would be very much appreciated. I understand that you can change the text size for desktop applications but its difficult to do the same for websites. I read a lot of content on the web so any monitor I use must display web page text well.