Why i am not earning money with my blog?

i have been blogging for more than a month on zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com. in this span of a month i have earned only 4.64$. is not this too much low?

please help me improve my blog as i have seen blogs not much better than mine earning hundreds of dollars. this is what their authors claim. then whats wrong with my blog?

i am a mechanical engineer by profession and working in the field of earth moving / high pressure pipeline construction machinery for the last four years. can rather should i be earning something with this background?

Stop writing to earn money and start writing about genuine stuff that interests you and is unique.

to be honest

i am a science student who hates writing :D

in fact i feel it difficult to produce a masterpiece of writing on daily basis, which is the basic ingredient of generating traffic to your blog, as some blog gurus say.

^ Then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out blogging isn't for you!

your niche isn't high earning AFAIK and it wont attract any visitors from digg so stop digging stuf

well what the hell is niche? bloggers are frequently saying this word on blog optimization blogs and how'd u dug what my 'niche' is?

write about what you think you know alot about and write abt it with passion

keep the money as a bonus not a primary aim

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well what the hell is niche? bloggers are frequently saying this word on blog optimization blogs and how’d u dug what my ‘niche’ is?
[/quote]

niche means category

example my blog is about softwares/tech your blog is about science and other wierd stuff and a bit of personal blog!

And yes, the content is questionable. You reviewed the movie 'School of Rock' when it was released YEARS ago. Why does anyone care now? The English language skills of the author of the articles are sub par and the blog is littered with spelling mistakes (e.g. Musharaf Resigened; Impeacment Deffered?). You aren't earning money, because no one reads your blog, which in turn is because of some very obvious reasons...

here is the earning cycle (well kinda)

good content=traffic=clicks=paisa :P

are these very obvious reasons? i doubt.

spell mistakes were part of my writings when i used to write in the new post section on my site. now i have learned how to use office 2007 for the very purpose of blogging.

u r very right that my language skills are not very good. i share this quality with most of the fellows of uet lahore.

in fact i feel it difficult to produce a masterpiece of writing on daily basis, which is the basic ingredient of generating traffic to your blog, as some blog gurus say.
[/quote]

Daily writing is not what generates money. Quality posts are, which people link to and get ranked highly in search engines.

spell mistakes were part of my writings when i used to write in the new post section on my site. now i have learned how to use office 2007 for the very purpose of blogging.

u r very right that my language skills are not very good. i share this quality with most of the fellows of uet lahore.

[/quote]

Keep writing and your writing skills will automatically improve. Read well written stuff also, like magazines and books.

try windows live writer you wont need to use MS office

Forget about niche, forget about writing skills, interests. Your AdSense placement is just too aweful!!!

You might wana start a blog about insurance and you'll earn a hell lot more provided your ad placement is better, you promote it well and get decent organic traffic from search engines.

Stop writing to earn money and start writing about genuine stuff that interests you and is unique.
[/quote]

zaheer bhai! this is the best and simplest comment of all. Just write without caring about money and your blog is not bad its just that there won’t be any visitors who don’t know the address of your site.

Meanwhile check this http://techlighten.com/ it was made about a month ago (3 weeks to be exact). It is abbasjin’s blog. Now it is very possible that if someone is googling “convert+hi+quality+3gp” or “playing ps2 games on pc” he will be directed to this blog no matter where he from, and check the layout the tag placing and ad placings, you’ll find only the stuff which interests him or which he have experienced by himself.

zaheer bhai! this is the best and simplest comment of all. Just write without caring about money and your blog is not bad its just that there won’t be any visitors who don’t know the address of your site.

Meanwhile check this http://techlighten.com/ it was made about a month ago (3 weeks to be exact). It is abbasjin’s blog. Now it is very possible that if someone is googling “convert+hi+quality+3gp” or “playing ps2 games on pc” he will be directed to this blog no matter where he from, and check the layout the tag placing and ad placings, you’ll find only the stuff which interests him or which he have experienced by himself.

[/quote]

Well, if earning money is the real task then I must say I kinda disagree. I had no interest in Finance niche yet I started to write about finance and made my own site as I knew it was a high paying niche. I kinda grew into the whole thing and now two of my articles are ranking high on Ezine Article’s “most viewed” category and I earned a lot of money with my site (that is until it dropped for the major keywords it was ranking for).

If you want to earn money, there is no shortcut. You have got to get your act straight and try to have a professional approach. Once the cash starts to flow-in the interest and the motivation comes with it naturally. Nothing better to receive a $ check/wu at the end of every month I tell ya!

Forget about niche, forget about writing skills, interests. Your AdSense placement is just too aweful!!!
[/quote]

how to improve my ad placement then…anybody?