Why does PTCL Staff think customers are DUMB?

Okay so now the PTCL SMART TV team (2 guys regular type exchange staff) visited my premises for Installation after 1.5 years of order placement. I thought that's cool, so i let them in, The big guy even didn't knew where are the keys placed on a keyboard and he typed admin in 1 min i guess, after that when they opened the box of new modem, i have asked why don't you provide me with the WiFi (as its free for smart TV customers others have to pay 200) the big guy says it is WiFi, I was like "shocked" :D i have asked there is no antenna and he was like "acha! pata nae jee", and called another guy at exchange to ask about VCI/VPI values, it took him 15-20 to set up the new device (I can do the same in 1min or less). Finally it was done.

Next box was the SET TOP box's, it case was very rough, i thought may be due to loading unloading and carelessness its like that but Hurray! when he opened it, it was a "Ghisa Pitta" unit, with uncountable scratches and was broken from one side i am sure, at this moment i was like WTF!! "That's for what i am paying 12000 (500x24) but i didn't said a word. After that the big fellow asked me where's the TV? i said its downstairs, He said can you please bring it here because we don't have a long cable. At this point i dialed 1236 from another phone and ask the guy that What you provide. That guy told me that we provide 20 Meter long cable and SET TOP Box in new condition for installation, even if its returned one. When i told him what i am getting he said don't accept this and made a complaint for me.

I clearly told the guys that i am not giving you any type of receiving for this scrap, this time the little guy said, sir we don't have any new STB's this is the best we are giving you. PTCL purchases Lots of Used STB's only and print their monogram on it. etc etc. i don't know if i was listening to this bullshit. So i just showed them the way out, they started packing their things and were about to leave. But what's that? I looked at the table and my old modem is gone....! I rushed after them and asked about the modem, the big guy looked in his bag and found it there, he said is that yours? that moment i thought "Should i kill this guy?"

That's only about my experience with Smart TV, Not to mention about the DSL/Phone Outages every day.

@MZC :o Oh man that's really a "TOUCHY STORY" :"(

bullshit happens in PeeTCL like it is a routine.

which area in lahore do you live..???

me too in lahore

"REGISTER" a complaint to PTA about your new connection application and "DELAY IN SERVICE"

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@MZC :o Oh man that’s really a “TOUCHY STORY” :"(

bullshit happens in PeeTCL like it is a routine.

which area in lahore do you live…???

me too in lahore

“REGISTER” a complaint to PTA about your new connection application and “DELAY IN SERVICE”

[/quote]

I am the an unfortunate customer of Multan Road Exchange, and yeh! i have already lodged a complaint with PTA with full story.

Good usually after you complain to PTA, you will see difference how they behave....tried and tested!! Man 1.5 years i was thinking myself as unlucky to get connected after 2 months. SAD

@MZC don't think that you are alone in this we all are the passengers of the same boat ;)

Someone got stuck sooner or lucky one later but one must had to. :(

The things you shared here are pretty more resemblance to my exchange staff of faisal town lahore. Even they don't know how to sign-out from hotmail id and how to take a snap-shoot of your PC screen and save it :lol:

"NOW THAT'S A PRIVATIZED PeeTCL"

Suppose if it was still under our government's order :mad:

LOL here is my experiance.

When the guys came to install the DSL the senior stayed outside and let the junior do his thing if you know what I mean, I knew he rattified the Windows XP Desktop My Network Places icon, and when they don't find that on the Desktop they return to thier GHQ saying there was no MY Network Icon on the desktop, I said to the person, Brother let me do it for you I am a BrainNET employee and I have Windows Vista, he said no its ok I assumed he thoughts Vista will be some software installed in Windows XP, but when he sat on my PC he was lost then I said to him, "che saray darta waye nu pa khabara na poyegey" (banda bol bol ke thak jata hai magar ap log baat suntey nahi).

BTW I was a 1mb Student user they upgraded to 2mb now its showing 2048 when I access my router but I am getting 1mb sharp.

MZC I m also customer of multan road exchange... I m on fiber line.

I think its worse exchange of lahore... I use to be customer of mustafa town on copper line... my latency use to be 25 to 30ms and I was very provide as the distance between my home and exchange was more than 6km.

than I thought multan road exchange is very close to my house i will get good speed and latency... but it prove me wrong, on fiberline from multan road exchange i m getting latency 60 to 65ms and it get increase when i play online counter strike :(

I tried again to apply for dsl from mustafa town and I got BIG NO :( because my house is very far from the exchange and dsl service is not working good in my area

MZC I m also customer of multan road exchange… I m on fiber line.

I think its worse exchange of lahore… I use to be customer of mustafa town on copper line… my latency use to be 25 to 30ms and I was very provide as the distance between my home and exchange was more than 6km.

than I thought multan road exchange is very close to my house i will get good speed and latency… but it prove me wrong, on fiberline from multan road exchange i m getting latency 60 to 65ms and it get increase when i play online counter strike :(

I tried again to apply for dsl from mustafa town and I got BIG NO :( because my house is very far from the exchange and dsl service is not working good in my area

[/quote]

You are quite right mustafa town’s exchange is better than multan road’s i also have a copper number on Mustafa town’s and i am thinking about ordering DSL on it.

^why don't you GUYS register a SOLID complaint against multan road exchange to PTCL-HQ about poor performance and VERY BAD services..???

^why don’t you GUYS register a SOLID complaint against multan road exchange to PTCL-HQ about poor performance and VERY BAD services…???
[/quote]

^ ROFL. Its Pakistan, Wake up.

Q. Why does PTCL Staff think customers are DUMB?

A. Coz most of them are.

Source, Used to fill in for a friend on HelpLine.

^ ROFL. Its Pakistan, Wake up.

[/quote]

At-least you should give it a try ;)

A. Coz most of them are.

Source, Used to fill in for a friend on HelpLine.

[/quote]

I think you had a huge affection for #$%^%$# PeeTCL

I have 20 or above approved complaints with PTA regarding faulty DSL Services with in 14 months. Every time the service remains functional for 7-8 days and then need another complaint. When PTA is helpless here what can the HQ do?

I think you had a huge affection for #$%^%$# PeeTCL
[/quote]

I had?

What gave it away?

A. Coz most of them are.

[/quote]

I was about to say the same, but it seemed a bit offensive so dint say it.

[/quote]

Almost everyone on this form knows what they are doing so I was not worried of offending anyone.

You would be surprised at the stuff people want the helpdesk people to solve, someone wants to do something on the internet which is unlikely to be invented till 2100, someone wants to open non-existent web site’s etc…

I have 20 or above approved complaints with PTA regarding faulty DSL Services with in 14 months. Every time the service remains functional for 7-8 days and then need another complaint. When PTA is helpless here what can the HQ do?
[/quote]

I think PeeTCL must fire THOSE DUMB ASS from there company otherwise we are still unable to get 1mb/s stable connections through out the country.

And this is Lahore now imagine about other small cities :cool:

[/quote]

You can say it if you represent M/S PTCL, because i have provided with some facts in the very first post. Which shows the general behavior of PTCL staff, related to Exchanges (Clearly mentioned) so if you are referring CSR’s in this, that would be another case and you need to make a new thread for it. So kindly don’t start baseless fights in this thread.

You would be surprised at the stuff people want the helpdesk people to solve, someone wants to do something on the internet which is unlikely to be invented till 2100, someone wants to open non-existent web site’s etc…

[/quote]

The Modern Marketing principles say there are two rules to follow:

1. Customer is always right.

2. If Customer is ever wrong, re-read rule no. 1

So if somebody doesn’t know much about computers and internet and dials the helpline for assistance and don’t know how to explain it. The staff there should try to educate them rather making fun of them.