Why does light flickers when its on UPS

Hi guyz

why does my light flickers when its on UPS. Im using a desi 1000W UPS. is it because of the square wave produced by it?

Yes.

so i guess. this won't happen with sine wave ups like Homeage.

Homage is not a pure sine wave UPS.

then which ups?

A pure since wave 2kVA UPS cost PKR65K in the late 90's. Take your hint from there.

would installing a servo stabilizer fix the problem?

You just need a saperate sinewave kit installed. I am using a desi made UPS (with 2 120Ah) batteries which has sinewave kit and no flickering happens. Without it, your pc will also restart.

EDIT: Besides my UPS gives me 2 hour backup with PC running using only 2d tasks which has core i7 920 and sli BFG GTX260. Without pc running, backup time is much much higher with only fans and energy savers turned on.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

You just need a saperate sinewave kit installed. I am using a desi made UPS (with 2 120Ah) batteries which has sinewave kit and no flickering happens. Without it, your pc will also restart.

EDIT: Besides my UPS gives me 2 hour backup with PC running using only 2d tasks which has core i7 920 and sli BFG GTX260. Without pc running, backup time is much much higher with only fans and energy savers turned on.

[/quote]

where can you get a sinewave kit from? and how much does it cost?