Why do you use torrents?

I am a lil bit confused here, I dun know why people use torrents, because you can find the same file on the internet as a .exe file which will download at high speed but still then people prefer to download as a .torrent file

and torrent downloading is hell slow

why is that so?

I only use torrents coz I can find cracked aplication on it

Easy to use. Pause and resume features. Multiple connections so as person isnt dependent on one source. Torrents also have both uploading and downloading so again, it is not dependant on one source.

The list goes on and on!

Plus torrent is mostly used to download movies/vidoes which you won't find anywhere that easily.

Tying BitTorrent and warez is not correct. Torrent was not made for warez. Warez are using torrent to spread their stuff.

BitTorrent is multicast (peercasting), whereas downloading from HTTP/FTP server is unicast. That's the biggest advantage for using torrent.

You have no idea what I am talking about? Google it.

use iptorrents bro very gud speed.......

a free linux distribution called open SUSE 11.1 was out last week. the download size is around 4.3GB, in the form of a single iso image.

imagine if everyone used http/ftp to download the file from their server...!

that'd mean load on their servers in terms of thousands and thousands of GBs! (terabytes or even petabytes)

thats where torrents are most useful. the release was made available on Bittorrent, and the load was shared. everyone who was downloading the file, was uploading a fraction to some other user.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

a free linux distribution called open SUSE 11.1 was out last week. the download size is around 4.3GB, in the form of a single iso image.

imagine if everyone used http/ftp to download the file from their server…!

that’d mean load on their servers in terms of thousands and thousands of GBs! (terabytes or even petabytes)

thats where torrents are most useful. the release was made available on Bittorrent, and the load was shared. everyone who was downloading the file, was uploading a fraction to some other user.

[/quote]

Nicely put. I hope that evil_dust now have better idea why BitTorrent is use. :)

Nicely put. I hope that evil_dust now have better idea why BitTorrent is use. :)

[/quote]

thanks wampyr for the appreciation! :)

Thanks guys

Got it

I always prefer rapidshare and alike, everything that is available on torrents is also available on these file hosters, and downloading also doesn't depend on peers/seeds like stupid things

@Scrinner

@Techman

awesome reply..

And yeah one thing more, it sucks the speed from the pipe with full BOOM! :D

I always prefer rapidshare and alike, everything that is available on torrents is also available on these file hosters, and downloading also doesn’t depend on peers/seeds like stupid things
[/quote]

rapidshare is damn bakwas…more often links r blocked :(

I always prefer rapidshare and alike, everything that is available on torrents is also available on these file hosters, and downloading also doesn’t depend on peers/seeds like stupid things
[/quote]

Right… but Wrong.

Right because mostly every thing you can find there

and

Wrong because peers/seeders are not stupid things.

you probably are supposed to read post above by najafhaider http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=69212#p69212

then you might understand that peers/seeders are not what you called them ‘stupid’.

rapidshare is damn bakwas…more often links r blocked
[/quote]

not bakwas. read their terms and conditions. they delete the links which violate its terms and conditions.

@Clock

above statement also for you. consider it, there is no terms and conditions for your peers/seeders like the file hosters.

only one rule upload as well as you download to stay in the community. simply Give And Take.

it implies to the type of torrent, private or public.

peers/seeders is the worst thing about torrents

The speed fully depends upon seeds

and you get a awful speed if there are low seeders

this is the reason, why I hate torrents

^every thing has its limitations.

there is nothing free for you.

if one wants it free and have it free then he is not supposed to pin point the reason for hate about it.

torrent gives you free access to the things you want free of cost.

this is why torrents are free because it also costs the provider very low.

but when it comes to file hosters then they have to get money from you to manage the costs of the services on their servers

I am a lil bit confused here, I dun know why people use torrents, because you can find the same file on the internet as a .exe file which will download at high speed but still then people prefer to download as a .torrent file

and torrent downloading is hell slow

why is that so?

I only use torrents coz I can find cracked aplication on it

[/quote]

With the kind of loadshedding going on in Pakistan. And with the grace most torrent clients handle it. I can only ask,are you kidding me?

Slow torrent is due to less seeder.Slow torrent are also called dead torrent.

Go to www.mininova.org.Search anything,click seed and download most seeded torrent.

You can download any game,software,movie,songs,pictures and many more full free by using torrent.

My email adress is asghar.ali3@yahoo.com.Please send email,then i will tell some most extreme speed torrents(too many seeders) of games and software.I also tell you some most femous and best games.

Thanks for reading.

I have sworn off torrents after a bad experience using Limewire. I picked up Trojan horse that just would not go away. Now I only use the computer to listen to the downloaded music.

^ Limewire != Torrents