Why can we open some people's modem page's?

Not specific to PTCL, but anyway. I needed to know what makes some user's modem page accessible while on others its blocked?

at times the credentials are cached but most of the times ppl don't bother to change their default modem login/pass info that is admin/admin.!

are you taling about local lan or internet? if its on internet modem has firewall disabled.

Man it should be disabled by default by it has some reasons!

There are two options a guy can secure his modem.

First is change the password

Second is to disable the access from WAN side! Disable its listening port 80! method is different in different modems so i wont go in detail!

but Note: If you are noob. Do not fiddle with it as its used by PTCL staff too to assist remotely! and If you are Pro enough to manage it then manage!

FC am i doing it right?

5uhhsk.gif

CORRECT! if you want to test ask your friend to open your router by your public ip!

[quote=“firecruz, post:6, topic:15438”]

CORRECT! if you want to test ask your friend to open your router by your public ip!

[/quote]

how to access the modem over wan…? wat MZC just showed is default in these fiberhome modems…

I meant if you enable WAN ports (open) then its accessable from internet else not!

If u want your friend to access it ... you need to tell your dynamic public ip to ur friend!