Why are 0800-Toll-free calls not free on mobile in pakistan?

hey friends

just want to ask u and share my experience that why are 0800-Toll-free calls not free on mobile in pakistan????

i just had to activate my atm card and they asked me to call via mobile phone# (as i mentioned it on application form)

i was drained out of my 80 rupees even though it is a different matter that the bank help line kept me on hold for some time but aren't 0800-xxxx numbers meant to be free

Quick answer: welcome to Pakistan!

I don't believe 0800-xxx are free either when dialed from PTCL land line phones.

Who knows they charge you equivalent amount in terms of local calls (for which they don't give any outgoing local call details on your bill)

[quote=", post:3, topic:14934"]

I don’t believe 0800-xxx are free either when dialed from PTCL land line phones.

Who knows they charge you equivalent amount in terms of local calls (for which they don’t give any outgoing local call details on your bill)

[/quote]

o yes bro i remember i also tried it through v-ptcl-wireless and it asked me to load a card

[quote=", post:3, topic:14934"]

I don’t believe 0800-xxx are free either when dialed from PTCL land line phones.

Who knows they charge you equivalent amount in terms of local calls (for which they don’t give any outgoing local call details on your bill)

[/quote]

Think that way - and you will always end up with an objection.

But yes it depends on the believe we have. Can’t deny thinking like that because we have been paying a lot of things unexplained specially along with our utility bills.

The calls are charged according to the company's policy whose 0800 number you are calling.

0800-xxxx are free from ptcl landline.... But nor from cell fone :(

From Go CDMA and worldcall 0800 tollfree are free as well.