Who loves Flash player in Mobile browsers? Be prepared to say bye bye

ZDNet just disclosed an announcement (unofficial yet but soon to be official as said) claiming that Adobe has decided as following.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations. Some of our source code licensees may opt to continue working on and releasing their own implementations. We will continue to support the current Android and PlayBook configurations with critical bug fixes and security updates.

[/quote]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Additionally, the e-mail briefing to Adobe’s partners has been summed up as follows:

• Adobe is Stopping development on Flash Player for browsers on mobile.

Adobe is now focusing their development efforts on:
    • Applications for mobile
    • Expressive content on the desktop (in and out of browser)
    • Increasing their investments in HTML5 in general

Any thoughts?

Remembering the thoughts of Steve Jobs on Flash

Source: http://www.zdnet.com...-on-html5/19226

[/quote]

If this means an end to the frequent update prompts from Flash player, I am all for it!

^ x2, but no-updates would also mean unsupported content very soon...

Only for mobile devices.. they will continue Flash development for computers?

This is very good news, now no one has to wait around for Adobe to code flash for individual systems. This means all smartphone and tablet OS's only have to support HTML5 and all web content will work.

HTML 5 signalled the death of Flash anyway, so I am not surprised by this news.

My phone doesnt support flash anyway :D

I don't like Flash either it be in Mobile or PC or wherever. :P

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:6, topic:15957”]

HTML 5 signalled the death of Flash anyway, so I am not surprised by this news.

[/quote]

flash is not going anywhere until 2020 now you might be surprised :o

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:15957”]

flash is not going anywhere until 2020 now you might be surprised :o

[/quote]

yup you are right, here are some points

- in 2007 when steve jobs introduced iphone he was 100% right for not to allow flash on iphone 'cause at that time mobile technology was just not there to accommodate resources required by flash, first gen iphone had single core 600 mhz cpu with only 128 mb ram. and HTML 5 provided same stuff with less resources required.

- now 2012 is about month and so away, smart phones are coming out with dual core and quad core cpu with more than 1 giga hz CPU with 1gig of ram etc, so the computing power required to run flash is not an issue anymore, since any mid priced smartphone is so powerful by default that you can throw flash or anything to it, then it won’t make any difference to it. even though HTML 5 can do what flash can do and it can do better thats another story, but i don’t think with all the computing power smartphones has out of box running fash is not an issue.

- since android and windows phones etc will provide easy access to flash, but apple will not even though iphone 4 and iphone 4s are pretty powerful to be able to run mobile flash without any problem but since there was a feud between apple and adobe over flash in early days of iphone so its more of ego thing for apple rather than the computing power of new iphones to run flash.

install ff addon video without flash.