Who is the oath commissioner?

the following statement is from a Service Provider to the Owner who has purchased the service that is me. and when I wanted to transfer its ownership to some one other then the Provider asks me to write an affidavit.

statement "legal affidavit in the proper format and signed by an oath commissioner along with a copy of CNIC of the service owner is required"

so in the above statement if I am the owner then who is the Oath Commisioner

can some one tell me?

thank you

Oath Commission are people authorized to certify oaths (yaani halaf ya phir halaf nama) for something. Any oath certified (or document in your case) becomes legal binding on the parties and cannot be revoked (yaani khatam nahi kar saktay) unless both parties mutually agree.

For example, if you run away, he can go to court and get you screwed because of this halaf nama.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say. In case need more help, please post here but note I am not a lawyer :)

so

who would be that person or people?

is that some one of Scale-18 people (to whom we have been gone to get our degree/documents copies signed)?

to whom I should go for signing the document I discuessed in above post?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

so

who would be that person or people?

is that some one of Scale-18 people (to whom we have been gone to get our degree/documents copies signed)?

to whom I should go for signing the document I discuessed in above post?

[/quote]

Go to your local Kechari (whichever is near your home or your city) and ask anyone for Oath Officer.

Better get legal information from your lawyer. Paying few thousands to a good lawyer is much better then later loosing millions of rupees.

Don’t go on what common people say. It’s a legal matter, and you need a professional, that is a lawyer.

Hire a good lawyer

P.S. I repeated so many times “get a lawyer” to give emphasis that you need a good lawyer for legal matters.

I agree on the matter you should get legal advice like I told you in my first post because this "oath" thing could drag you in court and our courts are not good you know that.

Regarding where to find one, I think in Karachi these people sit in old thela brand suzukis (these are their offices actually) near City Court (Densohal) area.

All the best!

thanks for your help guys.

Go to your local estate agent, or photostat shop

and ask them who's the nearest Oath Commissioner

around. If you ask the right guy, the first time, he'll

direct you to one.

They will (or should) charge you, at the most, Rs. 5/-

for attestation and it goes up from there. The affidavit

is usually written-up on "stamp paper", with increasing

numeration (Rs. 20 to Rs. 10,000) for more complica-

ted and more lucrative assignments.

Sheikh 'Aaj Attest Karaya Tha' Chilli