Who is Badar Khushnood?

So who exactly is this guy? I know people say that he is "Google Pakistan Consultant" but I don't understand in what capacity he is working for Google?

1. Is he Google employee and draws salary?

2. Is he on daily wages?

3. Is he working on commission?

4. Does he get some kind of stipend!??

According to his linked in profile "Working as a 'Country Consultant' on behalf of Google in Pakistan. Acting as a Google evangelist" so he is a Google evangelist now? How do you become Google Evangelist? I couldn't find any information on this subject! because if you want to become a Microsoft Evangelist then there is plenty of information available and a roadmap which you need to follow to become evangelist? So how did he become evangelist and "consultant" for Google in Pakistan?

Did Larry Page called him one morning and said "look badar we are appointing you as consultant for Pakistan" is he really offocialy associated with Google or self proclaimed consultant?

Why not drop him an email?

he has his email on his site...just contact him

Anyhow his description is rich with various experiences in various business scopes.......

would harm one to contact this jolly lookin fellow

[quote=“deffury, post:2, topic:15855”]

Why not drop him an email?

he has his email on his site…just contact him

Anyhow his description is rich with various experiences in various business scopes…

would harm one to contact this jolly lookin fellow

[/quote]

Oh yeah that’s a good idea to send him an email. But all the info that is available regarding him just revolves around him being a “consultant”. There is nothing as to what does it really mean? How he became one? History? Did he give interview at Google? Do they give him salary? e.t.c.

Email sent to Badar.

He is the Country Manager for Google.

Before that he used to work as a Regional Manager for Asus.

[quote=“lahoreonline, post:5, topic:15855”]

He is the Country Manager for Google.

Before that he used to work as a Regional Manager for Asus.

[/quote]

“Country Consultant”. But again the question remains, how does one become Google’s Country Consultant? Does Google have country consultant for Somalia, Nigeria, Yemen e.t.c. where they do not have offices?

[quote=“TechMan, post:6, topic:15855”]

“Country Consultant”. But again the question remains, how does one become Google’s Country Consultant? Does Google have country consultant for Somalia, Nigeria, Yemen e.t.c. where they do not have offices?

[/quote]

Obviously offices cost much, also you have to get approval from Government, pay taxes etc etc. Google is playing smart - they just hired a guy instead spending millions on making a “setup” :)

He is a PR agent cum sales rep for Google in Pak. Country consultant is just a fancy title.

In short, he is Google's one man army in pak :D

I met him and asked about it. He said he got interviewed at Dubai and got the job

[quote=“hawker, post:8, topic:15855”]

He is a PR agent cum sales rep for Google in Pak. Country consultant is just a fancy title.

In short, he is Google’s one man army in pak :D

[/quote]

Yes that I already know that he is not some PHD engineer type of guy who knows in and outs of search algorithm or adsense e.t.c. He is as knowledgeable as any other Pakistani guys who are doing adsense e.t.c for so long and may have more knowledge than him. I think he just give speeches, goes into seminars, visit colleges/universities and wear fancy Google t shirts e.t.c

But then again how can one become like that? I mean there must be some criteria? Did Google place an ad for job to which he applied and they hired him? His position is still not clear regarding his status whether he is full time salaried employee or on daily wages or commission based e.t.c?

Various high profile companies do their recruitment trips for instance to Dubai for our region. So what punk said, sounds plausible.

hmm......curious! Read first time about him. He doesn't looks genuine to me.

Why not ask google about it? If they hired him then there must be someone who knows?

TechMan bro, why are you so curious about him? You want to derail him and hijack his job? B)

[quote=“blogger, post:13, topic:15855”]

TechMan bro, why are you so curious about him? You want to derail him and hijack his job? B)

[/quote]

Yes I am jealous.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:12, topic:15855”]

hmm…curious! Read first time about him. He doesn’t looks genuine to me.

Why not ask google about it? If they hired him then there must be someone who knows?

[/quote]

LOL! even Rehman Malik knows him :)

planning to kidnap?

He said job was available. Mostly these high level jobs are hired through networks

Badar's working as a country consultant for Google, and that should be clear that he is in fact a google employee. And since he's hired by them, he has Ofcourse undergone all the required process including clearing of interviews.

Consultants are aired in country's where the company doesn't have an official presence, as in an office. As far as Badar's works concern he's done some exceptional work for Pakistan including getting help with the floods with over $ 2 million.

He's also an avid supporter of young entrepreneurs and if your query is rooted from a genuine curiosity in working for google then it's best you request his advice.

one more thing, it's easier to defame people and analyze why they don't deserve something that you don't have but much more difficult to work towards your desired goals & make them happen.

I may not have alot to offer in this thread, but I tried emailing Badar once (university project related question). Didn't get an answer.

I'm in touch with a whole bunch of other Googlers (long story) and they're certainly more helpful than Badar (well - atleast in my case).

But I can confirm he's a Google employee: all Google employees get a @google.com email address. Outsiders don't (even if they're working in the capacity of a consultant or whatever, unless they're on Google's employee list) get an email address on the company domain. No exceptions.