Who here rooted mobile themselves?

Assalam U Alaikum,

I recently rooted my Mobile HTC ChaCha A810.

The online instructions were simple, just go to bootloader, let the mobile find Clock workMod Recovery and than reboot and again go to bootloader and install the super user.

But whenever my mobile went into bootloader mode its USB connection would get de-recognized by Laptop and i spent many hours just finding the right drivers which would keep it detected in both Loaded and Bootloader modes.

Second the Superuser app did not worked well so i had to get SuperSU installed and finally it was done and now i am enjoying the benefits of rooted mobile.

Do note that i rooted because HTC ChaCha has only 150 MB for apps and it gets used very quickly and i rooted just to improve this. By rooting my SD card is used as internal memory and thus my problem is solved for now. Also i never got any custom ROMs as they have bugs in them.

So make sure you know what you are doing and what you want before rooting your android mobile phone.

So what are your root stories?

Successfully rooted,

1. Sony Xperia J
  2. Nokia XL

Installed different custom ROMs also. Its fun and easy but unlocking boot-loader is sometimes tricky though.

never felt the need to root it..

Successfully rooted... Every single one of my Android phones. Installed custom roms on particular ones. My primary reason for rooting is so that i can use orbot among other tweaking apps.

Rooted my own cell phone and many of my fellows phones. Every time rooting was a success.

Rooted.
1. 2 HTC Explorer's
2. HTC Sensation XE

rooted galaxy s3 and nook hd+, regretted rooting s3 orignal was better, but liked rooted nook

Have rooted LG G2, One M8 and a samsung tablet (Note 10.1 2014). G2 and Note have custom roms on them. Rooted M8 just for having fun with GPE Rom, else it is amazing right out of box. After a week of playing around, unrooted it and now completely back to stock again. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[quote=“shafiq, post:2, topic:21498”]

Successfully rooted,

1. Sony Xperia J
  2. Nokia XL

Installed different custom ROMs also. Its fun and easy but unlocking boot-loader is sometimes tricky though.

[/quote]

[quote="Ahmsun, post:5, topic:21498"]

Rooted my own cell phone and many of my fellows phones. Every time rooting was a success.

[/quote]

would u plz explain how did you rooted/installed custom rom?

and where did you get the custom rom?

[quote="gull_s_777, post:8, topic:21498"]

Have rooted LG G2, One M8 and a samsung tablet (Note 10.1 2014). G2 and Note have custom roms on them. Rooted M8 just for having fun with GPE Rom, else it is amazing right out of box. After a week of playing around, unrooted it and now completely back to stock again. :) Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

i also have LG g2, want to instal custom rom.

so how did u do that, where did u find the custom rom?

it would be nice of u if you explain in detail.