White Girl (BBC Drama)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its probably the only unbiased thing I’ve seen from BBC in a long long time.Its a story about a working class single mother from Leeds, who moves her family to an otherwise wholly Asian community in Bradford. Leah(the daughter) becomes friends with her neighbour Yasmin and discovers that the culture she was initially intimidated by isn’t so alien after all. She is soon seeking sanctuary in the rituals of Islam, away from the pain and strife at home. But this innocent fascination turns sour for Debbie when her daughter comes home wearing a hijab, and the family’s violent reaction has explosive consequences for everyone.

The actually shocking thing is that no Muslim was involved in the production of this drama and it still portrays Muslims in a good light!!!The acting is really good too specially by the girl who plays Leah. Its a must watch for everyone.

Official website: BBC - White Season - White Girl

IMDB: White Girl (2008) (TV)

Watch on Youtube:

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Part 6 - YouTube - BBC - White Girl - Part 6/9

Part 7 -

Part 8 -

Part 9 -

[/quote]

Someone posted this on PDF. Anyone seen this yet?

:s

interesting.

Sounds interesting - but man, I'm not ready for streaming a whole TV series yet - no download?

BTW, Asad, what's PDF?

PDF = Pakistani Defense Forums.

The total size for all 9 parts is about 204 MB. Running time is about 90 minutes. You can download it all and then watch it.

PDF = Pakistani Defense Forums.

The total size for all 9 parts is about 204 MB. Running time is about 90 minutes. You can download it all and then watch it.

[/quote]

yeah you can download youtube videos!

the scene in the restaurant where the father asks leah to come back home. the expression on his face when leah starts reciting (or shouting) the kalima is just amazing. shows how an 11 year old teen cant be bullied by a person triple her age. priceless moment that.

and i agree this is the first western movie/program i've seen where muslims/pakistanis are not portrayed as backward stone age mullahs, especially in britain.

TFS Asad.

^ Talk about how her mother freaks when she sees her wearing a hijab for the first time... No, no, no, no, no!!!! :lol:

And yeah, it is pretty neutral about portrayal of Muslims. Good thing, that.

And yeah, it is pretty neutral about portrayal of Muslims. Good thing, that.
[/quote]

“for a change” one may say

Wzub, if you want to get it from elsewhere at better quality, you might want to head to the 'bay' where 'pirates' spend a lot of time, if you get my drift. ;) Ask them where 'White Girl' is and they will surely tell you since they are helpful folks. The ship you will be looking for has 'BBC iPlayer Rip' written on the side and the construction of that ship is said to be in .mov format. :D

^ LOL :lol:

i am better off with youtube download. I am gonna download it as soon as my download queue finishes :P

names like White Girl and white boys always sound very funny and very cold in some cases. :lol:

Wzub, if you want to get it from elsewhere at better quality, you might want to head to the ‘bay’ where ‘pirates’ spend a lot of time, if you get my drift. ;) Ask them where ‘White Girl’ is and they will surely tell you since they are helpful folks. The ship you will be looking for has ‘BBC iPlayer Rip’ written on the side and the construction of that ship is said to be in .mov format. :D
[/quote]

Translation: download the damn thing from PirateBay. :lol:

Wzub, if you want to get it from elsewhere at better quality, you might want to head to the ‘bay’ where ‘pirates’ spend a lot of time, if you get my drift. ;) Ask them where ‘White Girl’ is and they will surely tell you since they are helpful folks. The ship you will be looking for has ‘BBC iPlayer Rip’ written on the side and the construction of that ship is said to be in .mov format. :D
[/quote]

:lol: I’ll take my sailboat to the bay. I just hope the Coast Guard doesn’t catch me…

EDIT: And no, there’s no moderation at the bay. You can’t moderate pirates! Arr!

post edited by mod

^ thanks for saving me time. but you are deep in trouble. :lol:

I enjoyed watching it. It was a good movie though I really had a hard time discerning the thick brit accent!

NO warez links allowed. Last warning.
[/quote]

firstly, says who…?

secondly, if u wanna edit someone else’s post(for mod crap) do it civilised

the rules says, no links to wares site, the link i posted was of rapidshare,

since i didnt upload them, so i referred to the appropriate owner.

To the extent of the action on the rule, all u could do was delete the referred link,

or r u saying rapidshare is not allowed?

^ thanks for saving me time. but you are deep in trouble. :lol:
[/quote]

naa buddy, dats just “abuse” of authority

a typical pakistani trait

firstly, says who…?

secondly, if u wanna edit someone else’s post(for mod crap) do it civilised

the rules says, no links to wares site, the link i posted was of rapidshare,

since i didnt upload them, so i referred to the appropriate owner.

To the extent of the action on the rule, all u could do was delete the referred link,

or r u saying rapidshare is not allowed?

[/quote]

rapidshare is allowed. but those links were copied from a warez site and they surly had material that was warez itself. hence all warez links be removed.