I'm not an engineer so bear with me.
I need a UPS for my home and have a couple of questions.
1. Are Inverters and UPS' the same thing?
2. I've heard of Homage and Cyberpower as the two leading/reliable brands. Which brand and type would you recommend and are there any others that are readily available and better than these two?
3. I've only got a 2-3 fans and 2-3 bulbs that need to powered during loadshedding. Oh and also my dsl modem+router and my PC at times (which since it has a core i3 with speedstep enabled should consume very little power - perhaps 50W max i'm guessing). Assuming i have all these on during loadshedding, how many hours of backup can I expect (assuming I get the recommended battery with the UPS)?
4. I have seen that most of the inverters provide simulated sine wave. I'm assuming this is okay for running my PC and LCD, and don't need an inverter that provides pure sine wave. Am I correct in my assumption?
5. Lastly, I live in Karachi. Where will I be able to buy the inverter/UPS without getting ripped off and at what prices? Also, batteries?