Which things contains Vitamin D?

My wife has very low vitamin D (4.34 while it should be 40-100) after result of a test. Now we want to improve it by eating natural things such as fruits vigitables etc. Can anyone guide me how to improve it? Although Doctor has suggested some medicines but I want to know if someone has his personal experience for such kind of mater.

Fruits and vegetables do not contain vitamin D, which is why vegans often suffer from vitamin D deficiencies. Vitamin D is found in fish, milk, (including soy) eggs, vitamin fortified cereals, and some meat. YOu can also buy orange juice that contains added calcium and vitamin D. If you're concerned whether you are getting enough, then take a vitamin supplement, or spend more time outdoors in natural sunlight. This will cause the body to produce its own.

sunshine between 10Am to 2Pm contains Vitamin D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My wife has very low vitamin D (4.34 while it should be 40-100) after result of a test. Now we want to improve it by eating natural things such as fruits vigitables etc. Can anyone guide me how to improve it? Although Doctor has suggested some medicines but I want to know if someone has his personal experience for such kind of mater.
[/quote]

U should definitely get her on calcium-vit d pills coz what’s ur suggesting is too low. Vit d helps absorb calcium from GIT. Low vit d means low calcium and that is not good for the bones at all. She will end up having osteoporosis so u should get help pills until her levels come up and then u can go for natural stuff.

For the sake of information the latest guideline for women is to take calcium after crossing 30 because after 30 bone degradation starts to kick in. There is no harm in taking calcium-vit d pills so that is what I would recommend for now. Also get her calcium checked and just like armade mentioned being out in the sun for 20-30 min is essential.

Just follow what the doctor says in my opinion. No one here knows the condition of your wife in person. Just igve her the medicines prescribed by he doctor. You cannot play Russian Roulette with your own wife.

Just follow what the doctor says in my opinion. No one here knows the condition of your wife in person. Just igve her the medicines prescribed by he doctor. You cannot play Russian Roulette with your own wife.
[/quote]

He’s not asking us to treat his wife. He’s asking for a medical opinion. More like brain storming so that when he next visits the doc. He might ask the right questions.

Don’t think anyone will be dum enough to treat their relatives based on this forum members advice but u never know :D

Definitely try out the over the counter "Cal C" tablets. They come in a long cylindrical box and there's one for women as well. Its call "Cal C Women" i guess. But do get the advice of a proper doctor as to why there is so much deficiency of Vitamin D. Its mostly because of living in an area where you can't get much sunshine.

@rnathbatra: Cal C as the name shows has Calcium and Vitamin C, no vitamin D.

@signode: If you do not want to take the drug prescribed by the Doctor, you should go and tell him that you will consult a Nutritionist for natural sources of Vitamin, because when you refuse a Doctor's advice than its your responsibility. Do the research yourself read and read more about Vitamin D.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind/

'Living in an area where you cant' get sunshine.' It's not about that I reckon.

It's her wives capability of creating Vitamin D from sunshine is very low.

How often does she go out in the sun

@rnathbatra: Cal C as the name shows has Calcium and Vitamin C, no vitamin D.

@signode: If you do not want to take the drug prescribed by the Doctor, you should go and tell him that you will consult a Nutritionist for natural sources of Vitamin, because when you refuse a Doctor’s advice than its your responsibility. Do the research yourself read and read more about Vitamin D.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind/

[/quote]

The women version has Vitamin D as well. I may be messing up the name a bit but I am sure that it contains Vitamin D.

@ Zazzyo

How can you say it with such surety when you don’t know if they live in a sunshine area or not? First step should be to check the sunshine part, then we can think about the Vitamin producing capability part.

I believe every normal person gets the right amount of sunshine, unless they live in a cave for all the time.

We not have to think about attaining Vitamin D by purposely standing in sunshine.

Vitamins are needed in small amounts by our body.

I believe every normal person gets the right amount of sunshine, unless they live in a cave for all the time.

We not have to think about attaining Vitamin D by purposely standing in sunshine.

Vitamins are needed in small amounts by our body.

[/quote]

some places don’t have enough sun shine. My cousin had that problem living in Seattle. I think she also had some enzyme difficulty, so it was both those things working together. The human body works in mysterious ways.

Hi,

Ten to 15 minutes of daily sun, at nonpeak hours, is enough to satisfy the recommended daily dose of D. The recommend daily intake for vitamin D is 200–400 International Units

--

Well I used to drink CaC-1000 Plus as a replacement for fizzy drinks :D The bubbles it makes are just awesome.

--

Well I used to drink CaC-1000 Plus as a replacement for fizzy drinks :D The bubbles it makes are just awesome.
[/quote]

I agree. :D. It can also serve as a mild “ENO” replacement after a heavy meal.

sunshine and Fish Oil contains Vitamin D.....