Which Telecom Operator has the Fastest GPRS/EDGE Connection

I am tired of freakin Dial-Up

Could anyone tell me which Operator has the Fastest GPRS/Edge Service for Unlimited Package among

Ufone, Telenor, Warid, Mobilink or Zong

Ufone and Warid has a good option to Pay bill through PrePAid Cards

Please, tell me how much download speed will I get with each operator

GPRS/EDGE speeds are comparable to dialup. You won't exactly be upgrading!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

GPRS/EDGE speeds are comparable to dialup. You won’t exactly be upgrading!
[/quote]

i agree in fact u wud be downgrading in the sense that ur latency wud increase

GPRS speed would be same or even less but edge would a little better in terms of speed

I tried Ufone's GPRS by connecting my laptop to my cellphone. It worksd like a CHARM!!! Better speed than Dial up but mind you I was using it at 3am so that could have played a major role!

I tried Ufone’s GPRS by connecting my laptop to my cellphone. It worksd like a CHARM!!! Better speed than Dial up but mind you I was using it at 3am so that could have played a major role!
[/quote]

well ufone edge works like a dream

man super cool latency

and super cooooooool speeeeeeeeed

it will give 25kB/s at edge

get ufone anyway

i love ufone

well ufone edge works like a dream

man super cool latency

and super cooooooool speeeeeeeeed

it will give 25kB/s at edge

get ufone anyway

i love ufone

[/quote]

I also use on and off EDGE and it gives me 12-15 KB/s…

may be I get this speed coz a ufone tower is installed on our apartment building…

gprs/edge speeds also depends on the signal strength, which might not be of much importance during gsm calls, but matters alot in internet speeds.

and as u said earlier, in the night speed is boosted up caz there's less load on the servers. so for real test, check at day time to see which connection is the best.

have any one tried wc wireless its very good. giving me 15/16 KBps. i just finished downloading final episode of Lost 4th season. Next stop heroes second season. woooohhoooooo.

Question 2 Ruhaan. Dude if you are using dialup how did you manage to operate a server where movies were available.? ps: did you used ubuntu server.?thanx

have any one tried wc wireless its very good. giving me 15/16 KBps. i just finished downloading final episode of Lost 4th season. Next stop heroes second season. woooohhoooooo.
[/quote]

i dont think wc wireless is GPRS or EDGE i think its CDMA like vPTCL

dude i asked you a question. Question 2 Ruhaan. Dude if you are using dialup how did you manage to operate a server where movies were available.? ps: did you used ubuntu server.?thanx

and about wireless yes it is CDMA but the guy said that he is tired of dialup and i was making a point that wc wireless can be an option.

dude i asked you a question. Question 2 Ruhaan. Dude if you are using dialup how did you manage to operate a server where movies were available.? ps: did you used ubuntu server.?thanx
[/quote]

i think u edited to add that later and i missed it

anyway when i was hostin the server i was on wateen

and for the server i was runnin mandriva with an application called kpf for serving the files

why don't you get Dsl you live in Islamabad, a guy like your caliber should really have high speed internet. btw i fixed the problem of installing usb modem for ubuntu but i think i am not gonna stick with it, it very complicated and you gotta use terminal for every thing even though they provide GUI. thanx for the links you provided.

why don’t you get Dsl you live in Islamabad, a guy like your caliber should really have high speed internet. btw i fixed the problem of installing usb modem for ubuntu but i think i am not gonna stick with it, it very complicated and you gotta use terminal for every thing even though they provide GUI. thanx for the links you provided.
[/quote]

well gettin dsl is the last of my problem gettin a phone line is the first thats why i had wateen

but anyway in month and a half i will be movin to lahore so thats why i m stickin with good old dial up

First of all, keep in mind that you'll get different speeds and reliability when it comes to GPRS/EDGE, depending on signal strength, weather, and location.

I've been on Warid for 11 Months, out of which I've been using their GPRS services constantly (8+ Hours daily) for ~8 Months, and EDGE for a month and half, and If I exclude recent problems I had, I never had any problem with it. When EDGE was not available, I used to get constant 5.4-5.5KBps day and night, and 16-26KBps on EDGE (Most of the time 20+KBps)

If you are stuck with no other choice thatn GPRS for internet connectivity, then I will suggest you to check all the providers to see which one works best in your area.

I would like to update about Warid. The speed nowadays is not really good considering its EDGE. It is not stable, but averages around 15kbps (in the range of 9-19KBps) Maybe its because of more users on their network, or just might be because of more load on Cybernet's network (Warid uses both Cybernet and Wateen), as Zong is using Cybernet too for their EDGE.

I'll keep updating if it gets back to 20+KBps range.

I am tired of freakin Dial-Up

Could anyone tell me which Operator has the Fastest GPRS/Edge Service for Unlimited Package among

Ufone, Telenor, Warid, Mobilink or Zong

Ufone and Warid has a good option to Pay bill through PrePAid Cards

Please, tell me how much download speed will I get with each operator

[/quote]

I think Warid is the best…Do check if they offer edge in your area…

it all depends on network signal and service , i suggest you to keep using dial-up or make order for broadband if available in your area