Which one is the best windows xp 64 bit or windows vista 64 bit

which windows is the best from above for amd athlon 64 bit 5000 +?

i wanna high performance of my pc.

XP 32-bit

Windows 98 Se :D

Vista 64 bit

vista 64 bit ultimate FTW!!!!!!!

^ not really it depends on the amount of ram you have

if you have less than 4 gb 64 bit is uselss performance anything more or around 4 GB and you see the real performance of 64 bit

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if you have less than 4 gb 64 bit is uselss performance anything more or around 4 GB and you see the real performance of 64 bit

[/quote]

what do u call performance???

visual effects??

those charming things are for kids…

the UI and enviroment matters…

u can disable the visuals and boost the performance…

^ i meant practical performance as in running applications playing games searching through applications stuff like that

under 4 gb 64bit and 32 bit have the same performance but over 4 gb 64 bit is way better than 32 bit mostly cause 32 bit OSes cant utilise more than 4 gigs of ram efficently

for general computing, 64 bit is useless. get it only if you have software that take advantage of the extra registers and extra RAM

[/quote]

x2

^ i meant practical performance as in running applications playing games searching through applications stuff like that

under 4 gb 64bit and 32 bit have the same performance but over 4 gb 64 bit is way better than 32 bit mostly cause 32 bit OSes cant utilise more than 4 gigs of ram efficently

[/quote]

x2

64-bit desktop OS is the future.

i have checked 32 bit a long time with this pc but i recently downloaded and installed the windows xp 64 bit superior from torrent and i am amazed to see the performance . 32 bit is nothing in front of 64 bit . it takes very little interval to load and even now i have installed a lot of softwares it shows no change in refresh or loading time... but now i have downlaoded vista extreme fom torrent 5.5 gb i wanna know about it before installation.

^ umm did u completely ignore what was said in this thread?

btw if you have more than 4 gigs of ram then forgot my last sentence :D

yes,only and only if u have more than or equal to 4GB then Vista64 bit rocks..otherwise with less RAM,never go for that!!!!

off topic.

but my vote goes for Windows 7 .. ( as its till date beta ) and i m using it from last 1 week , very smooth and stable windows and much batter then vista

yeah my vote also goes fer the windows 7 RC Build 7100

stable, faster and efficient, you'll love it when you'll use it!

and yes it is available for FREE download from MS itself, with a full license with expiry till 1st March 2010!

^

wait a minute

do u mean microsoft is giving away free windows7....not windows7 beta..

^ its a RC build not final so technically no

Windows 98 Se :D
[/quote]

r u living in DARK AGES :D

XP 32bit (Just keep your windows update per month by this website (coz of WGA issue) http://www.softwarepatch.com/

yeah my vote also goes fer the windows 7 RC Build 7100

stable, faster and efficient, you’ll love it when you’ll use it!

and yes it is available for FREE download from MS itself, with a full license with expiry till 1st March 2010!

[/quote]

that is beta, windows7 is not released yet