Which new bike should I select?

I have Suzuki 110 Sprinter and want to change it. My mindset is to buy Honda 125 Deluxe. Please share your experience about this bike and guide me if my next choice is ok.

Go for 125 it is a beast it has very good engine sound plus its heavy and gives great grip on road

Deluxe has self-starter and larger muffler compare to regular model, engine capacity wise both are equal

But I'll suggest you regular model if you want durability

Delux is not self start as far as the 2013 model goes.. as i have the 2012 ans seen the 2013... both are kick start..

as for purchase advice, after driving for the past 14 years , and over 5-6 lac km.. (yes, that figure is exactly what you read) delux is for luxury driving inside the city on main roads.. its the same engine as the regular 125, but the 5 gear models have shorter gear ratios, so you shift gears quicker in 5 gear.. the deluxe will NEVER go full meter or even max at 100.. so dont fall into the 160kmph hype.

other than that, the deluxe has a HUGE body frame, bigger tires, bigger lights, all plastic mudgaurds, much higher back seat, much more body weight, and awkward steering locking system from ignition.. also you will find very litle accessories for the deluxe model.

the standard 125 has 4 gears, and more accelration.. it is meant for racing or fast driving.. it is light weight compared to deluxe and probably a lot more resale value than deluxe.. however, in terms of luxury experience, the 125 doesnot even come close to the deluxe in anything

as for rapirs and maintenance, the tire puncture of delux is 60 while 125 is standard 50rs .. those mofo puncture association people have no clue of what the tires specs mean.... other than that, the entire engine of both bikes is 100% same.

@OP: Why 125 Deluxe? Since you are coming from Sprinter, why not GD-110 or GS-150?

GS 150 is extremely powerful and fast.. also it has a heavy bike Retro design with huge front lights.. like the terminator 2 bike..

@ Asad.. OP is just disappointed from his previous experience of the 110 Sprinter.. because his ring piston lasted exactly how long they were supposed to but not to his expectations..

GD-110 is totally imported and its parts are much expensive as compare with Sprinter. I like fast driving and my experience with sprinter is good. The fuel economy is also a concern. Sprinter covers 55-58km/litter and GS-150 covers bellow 45km/litter. Some time my mindset is for Honda 125 and some time GD-110. If there is any user of GD-110, please share his experience.

These are all ordinary bikes for getting from point A to B and not really meant for racing. That our awaam/youth does racing on them is neither here not there with regards to their intended use. :)

On PW, various riders have observed that CG125 has lots of vibration at higher speeds but I don't know personally about it.

[quote="farhan_ds, post:5, topic:20756"]
GS 150 is extremely powerful and fast.. also it has a heavy bike Retro design with huge front lights.. like the terminator 2 bike..

@ Asad.. OP is just disappointed from his previous experience of the 110 Sprinter.. because his ring piston lasted exactly how long they were supposed to but not to his expectations..

[/quote]

GS-150 is a hit-n-miss with people. Some like it, some don't.

I did reply to the other thread. GD-110 supposedly has imported engine parts (Thailand/China?) so that might alleviate that specific problem.

Whatever the case might be, none of the bikes incorporate even the least of safety measures for protecting the rider. There's no concept of biker gear here like they have outside such as elbow and knee pads, helmet and full jacket.

Kutton ki tarah bike chalao gey tou phir kutton waali maut ayegi.

My 0.02$

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

^ that unnecessary lashing on general consumer was not even remotely connected to the topic..

[quote="Asad, post:7, topic:20756"]

These are all ordinary bikes for getting from point A to B and not really meant for racing. That our awaam/youth does racing on them is neither here not there with regards to their intended use. :)

On PW, various riders have observed that CG125 has lots of vibration at higher speeds but I don't know personally about it.

I did reply to the other thread. GD-110 supposedly has imported engine parts (Thailand/China?) so that might alleviate that specific problem.

[/quote]

the point made was in comparison to what we have here.. if there were ducati, and BMW bikes available in retail new, i would have compared them for racing vs honda 125 as a chingchi in comparison, but since none of the high end is available here (untill honda launches the overpriced 150 and 500) the LOCAL racing can only be done on 125 :)

as for vibration, man that is universally accepted to be the best feature of 125 :D for what we can buy here, the muffler sound and vibrsation is what makes 125 rise above the rest,..,. also they have heavily reduced the vibration in newer models and deluxe is least vibrat-y, but still that vibration is the best feeling of our affording range.

choice of tastes always vary, the look they gave to 150 is retro , which surely is a hit and miss, but we canot know every ones`s tastes, we can only recommend from our personal experience.

@signnode

Suzuki showroom will be able to import you the 250cc and above suzuki bikes... they do have the hayabusa in stock if you can pay for the fast speeds..:)

^ that unnecessary lashing on general consumer was not even remotely connected to the topic..

[quote="Asad, post:7, topic:20756"]

[/quote]

the point made was in comparison to what we have here.. if there were ducati, and BMW bikes available in retail new, i would have compared them for racing vs honda 125 as a chingchi in comparison, but since none of the high end is available here (untill honda launches the overpriced 150 and 500) the LOCAL racing can only be done on 125 :)

as for vibration, man that is universally accepted to be the best feature of 125 :D for what we can buy here, the muffler sound and vibrsation is what makes 125 rise above the rest,..,. also they have heavily reduced the vibration in newer models and deluxe is least vibrat-y, but still that vibration is the best feeling of our affording range.

choice of tastes always vary, the look they gave to 150 is retro , which surely is a hit and miss, but we canot know every ones`s tastes, we can only recommend from our personal experience.

@signnode

Suzuki showroom will be able to import you the 250cc and above suzuki bikes... they do have the hayabusa in stock if you can pay for the fast speeds..:)

Well, one needs a bike - not a vibrator. The former is meant for us, not the latter. I hope local manufacturers realize that in the next decade.