Which network is best to chose?

Hi everybody

I will be visiting Pakistan next month(Inshallah) and will be staying for 4-5 months and need to chose best network, I will be calling direct to UK/Europe Landline, I will be also using Internet on my Nokia 5800 and want to use Internet on my laptop. I will be staying in Village where 4 networks(warid,telenor,mobilink and ufone) got towers, so signal won't be problem, I have never used any mobile service in Pakistan because i'm visiting Pakistan after 11 years so don't know which network is better.

please help me chose good network.

Thanks in Advance

For Cheap Rates go for UFone

nd For Network go for Mobilink

I prefer warid

I have three connections, Telenor, Warid and Zong, all gifted to this old father by his kids. Each of them told me his connection was the best, but I am really baffled by exorbitant call rates, perhaps I am not smart enough to determine the 'catch' in each offer. Please help me determine which one of the above three is the best, of course, in all respects. Your help will be really appreciated.

GO For Zong...Its Best And Cheap :)

if you prefer quality over quantity then go for warid or mobilink.

otherwise for cheap rates Ufone.

but i would prefer warid as u said u would b using internet.

Go for WARID.

warid bro

Warid...will be best for u....

thanks for help guys....

Warid offer hour package , which is best from all others.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi everybody

I will be visiting Pakistan next month(Inshallah) and will be staying for 4-5 months and need to chose best network, I will be calling direct to UK/Europe Landline, I will be also using Internet on my Nokia 5800 and want to use Internet on my laptop. I will be staying in Village where 4 networks(warid,telenor,mobilink and ufone) got towers, so signal won’t be problem, I have never used any mobile service in Pakistan because i’m visiting Pakistan after 11 years so don’t know which network is better.

please help me chose good network.

Thanks in Advance

[/quote]

Ufone charges only Rs.2+taxes for each international sms. That is much lower then Rs.5+taxes most networks charge.

You should see these sites for Tarrif:

www.ufone.com

ww.waridtel.com

www.telenor.com.pk

www.mobilinkgsm.com

Telenor has good edge coverage in Rural areas,so that can be a good choice for internet,but their unlimied(upto 2gb,lol)package is costly and they require a higher security deposit(only available on post paid) and it would take two months or something after you close the connection that they would return it.

Actually same is the case with others,except Zong has prepaid unlimited internet package but they don’t have good edge coverage.

Zong, would be cheap but it's service reception is really bad

use Warid because good

1. GPRS/EDGE

2. more prepaid or postpaid package

3. good service coverage

Let me refuse pocketpda's answer.

1) every GSM operator has both now.

2) define "more". Each company designs a package keeping in mind the characteristics, and not from the viewpoint of "OH! I have more packages than you, so buzz off!". No one goes for a company just because they offer more packages; they go for a company if their usage requirements can be "matched".

3) Warid doesn't even cover as much as Ufone or Telenor or even Mobilink (okay, Mobilink's an exception and I shall exclude it). Even Zong seems to carry more towers.

But as far as coverage is concerned, it should be kept in mind that each operator may not cover every nook and corner - for e.g., when I went to Shograan, only Telenor and Warid were there. In other places, only Warid was present. In some places, Ufone was there and no other operator was there.

But in terms of the overall coverage, the figures last released stand something like this (in descending order)

1) Mobilink

2) Telenor

3) Ufone

(not too sure about Zong and Warid)

For Cheap Rates go for UFone

nd For Network go for Mobilink

[/quote]

Who said ufone is cheap?comeon ,they are rippers.Check out their call rates.We aren’t talking about ufone to ufone call rates.Overall zong and warid are pretty decent,their calling rate to other mobile network is pretty economical.

I started my cell phone usage with telenor, and I am very satisified with it

Let me refuse pocketpda’s answer.

2) define “more”. Each company designs a package keeping in mind the characteristics, and not from the viewpoint of “OH! I have more packages than you, so buzz off!”. No one goes for a company just because they offer more packages; they go for a company if their usage requirements can be “matched”.

3) Warid doesn’t even cover as much as Ufone or Telenor or even Mobilink (okay, Mobilink’s an exception and I shall exclude it). Even Zong seems to carry more towers.

But as far as coverage is concerned, it should be kept in mind that each operator may not cover every nook and corner - for e.g., when I went to Shograan, only Telenor and Warid were there. In other places, only Warid was present. In some places, Ufone was there and no other operator was there.

But in terms of the overall coverage, the figures last released stand something like this (in descending order)

1) Mobilink

2) Telenor

3) Ufone

[/quote]

This is the kind of reply i was waiting for…

Thank you very much dear

Let me refuse pocketpda’s answer.

2) define “more”. Each company designs a package keeping in mind the characteristics, and not from the viewpoint of “OH! I have more packages than you, so buzz off!”. No one goes for a company just because they offer more packages; they go for a company if their usage requirements can be “matched”.

3) Warid doesn’t even cover as much as Ufone or Telenor or even Mobilink (okay, Mobilink’s an exception and I shall exclude it). Even Zong seems to carry more towers.

1) Mobilink

2) Telenor

3) Ufone

[/quote]

Mobilink gprs/edge coverage sucks. You go a few KMs away from the city and E/G on your cell disappears. They don’t even cover most rural areas.

I have warid telenor and ufone but warid is most expensive right now Telenor is best nation wide and for international calls otherwise ufone at 2nd place in cheap and quality.