Which laptop is best for me in minimum?

Salam Everyone !

I would be buying a laptop in coming 2 or 3 months. My primary use for a laptop will be Adobe Photoshop, Maya , 3Ds Max etc. So can anyone suggest a laptop for a minimum price?

3D Max .. Maya = A bit Expensive Lappy.

btw you can get far more better "Desktop" in the Price of Laptop. Why are u not getting that ?

^

I think because of load shedding.

@Sani

I would agree with what striker111, better get a good desktop with a UPS for max up time. Otherwise laptop for 3d max & maya will be a bit expensive.

And what would be the cost of laptop if i just use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator with that ?

35k minnimum for a used one.

35K for Photoshop laptop ?

Are you asking that as if you think that is too low or too high?

If you think its too low, then yes it is, that is because you said minimum.

If you think its too much, then no its not too much in any way for a photoshoping laptop, but if you dont care that much for performance, then you can buy one in 30k, but anything lower than that is gonna be a pain in the @$$.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

And what would be the cost of laptop if i just use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator with that ?
[/quote]

its also depend on the Version of PS n Illustrator. Which version of Photoshop will u run ??

if u run CS4/CS3 and the latest version of Illustrator as well then u still might need a bit expensive laptop. Which atleast has C2D 2.0/2.2 , 2gb Ram , 95GT 512mb Agp OR Similar.

I am also a Addicted user of Photoshop thats y i know a bit abt it :) . This Config is for good Performance in softwares. otherwise you can run these software even on a Regular P4 system.

For more detail you can chk Adobe.com .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Are you asking that as if you think that is too low or too high?

If you think its too low, then yes it is, that is because you said minimum.

If you think its too much, then no its not too much in any way for a photoshoping laptop, but if you dont care that much for performance, then you can buy one in 30k, but anything lower than that is gonna be a pain in the @$$.

[/quote]

Exactly !

Sani … you can chk the market Price of a Normal C2D Laptop. Its Probably around 30-40k for a used one i guess…

@Sani You can easily get a good used c2d laptop around 35k.

Try to get one with the following primary specs.

processor: c2d 1.6+

ram: 1gb+

graphics: nvidia or ati 256mb

This'll do just fine.

O.k it cleared things about laptop. Now what's about if i get desktop PC for Maya, 3Ds Max and Adobe Photoshop CS4 ?

^ 20k minimum excluding UPS.

Which one would be that ? I mean specifications?

Yaar just give your total budget including/excluding UPS. Not just minimum.

O.K then the budget would be 30K excluding UPS for desktop.

well 2 days ago i bought dell inspiron 1564 for my uncle from hc lahore......

its higher then the specified budget it costs 50K but yeah its core i3, 2.13Ghz :) , 2gb, 250Gb, BT, Cam....

^Graphics?

Example:

Motherboard: P5QPL-AM (5500)

Processor: Intel Dual Core E5400 2.7Ghz (5250)

RAM: Kingston DDRII 2GB-800 (4600)

Harddisk: Seagate 500GB 16MB Cache (4900)

Graphics Card: HIS Radeon 4650 512MB 128BITS (5250)

Optical Drive: Liteon DVD-RW 24X Sata (2300)

PSU: Thermal Master 420 Watts (2200)

Casing: Branded Casing (2000)

TOTAL: 32700

This is for a new PC with all new stuff, if you mix used stuff, the price will be less, if you choose all used stuff, then you can even add an LCD monitor to complete the package.

You can also replace some of these things with inferior ones to reduce budget.

AFA the processor is concerned, just because its not c2d doesn't mean its bad, i've been using the E6300 (dual-core version) for quite a time, and believe me, its better than many early c2d's.

*This package excludes a monitor, keyboard, mouse. speakers, etc.

*All the Prices are taken from Galaxy

is the above system mentioned ok for maya ,3DMax????

Yes its ok for maya and it will give you OK results, but if you go for hi tex, and lots of meshes on your models then expect loong rendering times