Which is the cheapest registrar to register a .COM?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How do you know that? did they gave the time to you to update your info?

[/quote]

The GoDaddy info above says it:

On 12/19/2006 we sent a notice to you at the admin/tech contact email address and the account email address informing you of invalid data in breach of the domain registration agreement and advising you to update the information or risk cancellation of the domain. The contact information was not updated within the specified period of time and we canceled the domain

^did they say it to you?

and if yes, then what the step did you take?

ofcourse any one will do update the records as they asked to.

so finally the good values get in place and become visible to public, whether in the time or after the time.

simply if they warn their users to update with the correct information then the users have to go ahead and update the information. and again all the correct information becomes visible to public if whois privacy is not enabled.

Both of you are absolutely right but you are being too paranoid about it.

The best way to hide whois information is to provide wrong one at the time of registration :)

This is what I do i.e. except email address where confirmation and auth email are sent, rest I enter incorrect information. In fact you can even provide wrong email if you want since it will be only required when you need to get auth code to transfer domain.

[/quote]

Actually providing wrong email is a BAD idea. The reason is that your email address will be used for all communication by your registrar and you want to be able to receive messages from your registrar because you could loose your domain otherwise.

Also with godaddy when you change the contact info such as the email they prohibit you from transferring out within 60 days. This policy means that you can’t correct the email the day before you want to transfer to another registrar.

Actually providing wrong email is a BAD idea. The reason is that your email address will be used for all communication by your registrar and you want to be able to receive messages from your registrar because you could loose your domain otherwise.

Also with godaddy when you change the contact info such as the email they prohibit you from transferring out within 60 days. This policy means that you can’t correct the email the day before you want to transfer to another registrar.

[/quote]

Yes I already pointed out this thing about email being used for all communication.

Most of those godaddy codes listed (anything that ends in 1,2,or 3) expired 16-06-09.

Here are all the Godaddy.com coupons I located that will work.

ZINE7 - $7.49 .com domains (and renewals)

ZINE6 - $5 off any purchase of $30 or more

ZINE5 - 10% off almost anything else

ZINE25 - 25% off on all purchases over $100

The Zine codes are going to be functioning through mid-2010, so please feel free to repost or blog these new coupons. I know a good deal of professional people and web developers that use domain name based SEO tactics for acquiring backlinks, blog mini-sites, etc. I’ve checked all around and these are the best Godaddy.com coupon codes available for .com domain names, domain name renewals or any other use.

the last code tech man wrote worked beautifully as well as the mtech 330 code.