Which is the best modem for ptcl?

I have shiro,but i have seen so many exchange it with Huawei ..But is there any other modem that is even better than the suggested one.

Also if my 12 month contract is over will i still be able to exchange ?

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5443

same topic.

no you can't exchange it if your 12 months contract is over. however if you do buy another one plz do tell us.

they give modem free with there dsl connection?isnt it?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5443

same topic.

no you can’t exchange it if your 12 months contract is over. however if you do buy another one plz do tell us.

[/quote]

Ohh i ll see :) …my contract is not over yet,i just didnt wanna go out in the city these days ,since there are mostly strikes and top of it exaams ,bottom line i am a slug :P …But i ll let you guys know,cause i so wanna get rid of shiro and heard somebody talk about PYradine …although there is no mention of that modem in ptcl :(

PTCL Modems

huaweiecholifehg510.th.jpg

Huawei EchoLife HG510

huaweismartaxmt880.th.jpg

Huawei SmartAX MT880

huaweismartaxmt882.th.jpg

Huawei SmartAX MT882

shirodsl805e.th.jpg

Shiro DSL805E

ztezxdsl831d.th.jpg

ZTE ZXDSL 831 D

ztezxdsl831iiseries.th.jpg

ZTE ZXDSL 831 II Series

ztezxdsl831iiserieswith.th.jpg

ZTE ZXDSL 831 II Series without USB

ztezxdsl831.th.jpg

ZTE ZXDSL 831

zyxelp600series.th.jpg

ZYXEL P-600 Series

thansk man!! for the pics !! :)

Can someone outline the steps to configure a Zyxel 600 modem for PTCL? Have an old one from a prior Multinet connection - wondering whether it'd be better to use ?

so which one is the best ?

I have never had experience with any of these except "ZTE ZXDSL 831 II Series".

More than 1 year of usage..... without a single problem.

Best modem for me.

Modem is free of cost but don't forget if u r terminating ur DSL and ur modem has any problem then they will charge u 3500 RS. as support told me.

Modem is free of cost but don’t forget if u r terminating ur DSL and ur modem has any problem then they will charge u 3500 RS. as support told me.
[/quote]

they will charge Rs.3000…not 3500…

The best thing would be buy your own modem and use it,avoid using PTCL modems they are all chinese.

but every one cant afford buying a modem!

hashim yup you are right?I was having a ZTE modem which was burnt out and I changed it ,what if the new one also burns out lol..they won't give me a new one..so m thinking to buy a new one and keep this modem in the box.

Lol....that burnt out does not happen with any 1 :P it depends on them they might give you another one might not. lol

My cousin gave me paradyne modem,he bought it from Norway,he was using it there.I am not sure if it will work or not.

hmm....will work if u configure it successfuly.. :P

there is a way by which you can make any of your modem work well. Just use a USB powered 12V fan over modem and you are don. m using shiro with fan for almost 2 years. no problem at all. Actually DSL modem works on very short wavelength signals that's why they are hot

there is a way by which you can make any of your modem work well. Just use a USB powered 12V fan over modem and you are don. m using shiro with fan for almost 2 years. no problem at all. Actually DSL modem works on very short wavelength signals that’s why they are hot
[/quote]

lolzzz … :D frm where do we get that 12V fan :P

I may be luckiest person in broadband pakistan!i live in a village 6.5 km from exchange(dslam) and using that ZTE zxdsl router.and getting 105 kb/s in downloads its not much for some ov you on opticla but i am on copper and the line from exchange was cut several time during contrution of motorway along my village.i am only one user in my whole area.so i am compelled to say that PTCL rocks!