Which is better to buy Brand new lcd or used Lcd

hi there guys, recently i visited the used computer market in Regal area, karachi and i talked to some dealers selling used second hand Lcd monitors and they said that these used lcds are far better in quality then the brand new viewsonic or other brand you buy here because these used lcds are made for the american market hence are of superior quality whereas the brand new lcds are made in China specifically for pakistani markets hence they use lesser quality components.

what say you as regards this?

take care.

^

lol he made a good story....

and kudos to him that you fell for his story...

old ones are e dump sent here by rich countries they are effed up technology wich is no more usefull ...

you get warranty with new ones... but old ones hav no such thing as warranty.. they come in containers as trash instead of packed boxes...

i d go for new one... like i did...

old ones are really for noobs who dont know anything about lcd except it being slim..

Read a bit about the US trade deficit with China. You'll see the level of chinese exports to the US.

The used LCDs being sold in Pakistan are the obsolete models that are thrown away by westerners. Its their trash.

Why do you think the whole world is buying these new LCDs instead of these "older and better" LCDs?

And if these old ones are better, they should be more expensive right? and new ones should be cheaper.

The new lcd manufacturers are providing a warranty at their risk, if they were using low grade materials, they would have a higher risk as warranty claims would increase!

Will the used lcd shop provide warranty for one year? If he is saying these old ones are better, he should back up his words with action by providing warranty. But he won't!

nope they don't provide warranty of any sort, if shopkeeper is in good mode then 24hrs checking or maybe 2 days.. incidently i also saw a shop which was spray painting some lcd bodies applying polygate.. heck it was a real denting painting shop =o well i want a 20"+ Lcd could you advise as to which brand i should buy and which to steer clear of?

thanks

new is new !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

nope they don’t provide warranty of any sort, if shopkeeper is in good mode then 24hrs checking or maybe 2 days… incidently i also saw a shop which was spray painting some lcd bodies applying polygate… heck it was a real denting painting shop =o well i want a 20"+ Lcd could you advise as to which brand i should buy and which to steer clear of?

thanks

[/quote]

I have edited my post to make it more clear.

And Maybe this would help:

'dell or hp lcd???'

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11353

The only reason some people prefer old LCDs is their aspect ratio i.e. 4:3

Nearly 99% of new LCDs that are available in Pakistani market are widescreen i.e. 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio

Its better if u buy new one. it will worth the money that u are spending..... these used product seller sell the used product at 70 to 80% of the original cost of the new( sometimes u can get a new/better thing for the price they are askin) with no warranty of any sort.

A month back a saw a used HP 23'' LCD a 6th road shop. it had one VGA and one DVI port and nothin else and wasn't an HD LCD either .... the shop keeper was askin 25 k for that outdated lcd. I was amazed that for that 25k, i could easily buy a far better new dell 24'' LCD.

So if ur short on money, don't go for used LCD unless its really cheap not more than 5 to 8 k (depending on the condition)... rather wait for to have some more money to buy a new one cause these used LCDs are dumped for a reason.

nope they don’t provide warranty of any sort, if shopkeeper is in good mode then 24hrs checking or maybe 2 days… incidently i also saw a shop which was spray painting some lcd bodies applying polygate… heck it was a real denting painting shop =o well i want a 20"+ Lcd could you advise as to which brand i should buy and which to steer clear of?

thanks

[/quote]

What was the askin price for a 20’’ LCD…?

"Never buy used computer parts" thats my motto (its copyrighted)

hi there guys, recently i visited the used computer market in Regal area, karachi and i talked to some dealers selling used second hand Lcd monitors and they said that these used lcds are far better in quality then the brand new viewsonic or other brand you buy here because these used lcds are made for the american market hence are of superior quality whereas the brand new lcds are made in China specifically for pakistani markets hence they use lesser quality components.

what say you as regards this?

take care.

^

lol he made a good story....

and kudos to him that you fell for his story...

old ones are e dump sent here by rich countries they are effed up technology wich is no more usefull ...

you get warranty with new ones... but old ones hav no such thing as warranty.. they come in containers as trash instead of packed boxes...

i d go for new one... like i did...

old ones are really for noobs who dont know anything about lcd except it being slim..

Read a bit about the US trade deficit with China. You'll see the level of chinese exports to the US.

The used LCDs being sold in Pakistan are the obsolete models that are thrown away by westerners. Its their trash.

Why do you think the whole world is buying these new LCDs instead of these "older and better" LCDs?

And if these old ones are better, they should be more expensive right? and new ones should be cheaper.

The new lcd manufacturers are providing a warranty at their risk, if they were using low grade materials, they would have a higher risk as warranty claims would increase!

Will the used lcd shop provide warranty for one year? If he is saying these old ones are better, he should back up his words with action by providing warranty. But he won't!

nope they don't provide warranty of any sort, if shopkeeper is in good mode then 24hrs checking or maybe 2 days.. incidently i also saw a shop which was spray painting some lcd bodies applying polygate.. heck it was a real denting painting shop =o well i want a 20"+ Lcd could you advise as to which brand i should buy and which to steer clear of?

thanks

new is new !

thanks

[/quote]

I have edited my post to make it more clear.

And Maybe this would help:

'dell or hp lcd???'

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11353

The only reason some people prefer old LCDs is their aspect ratio i.e. 4:3

Nearly 99% of new LCDs that are available in Pakistani market are widescreen i.e. 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio

Its better if u buy new one. it will worth the money that u are spending..... these used product seller sell the used product at 70 to 80% of the original cost of the new( sometimes u can get a new/better thing for the price they are askin) with no warranty of any sort.

A month back a saw a used HP 23'' LCD a 6th road shop. it had one VGA and one DVI port and nothin else and wasn't an HD LCD either .... the shop keeper was askin 25 k for that outdated lcd. I was amazed that for that 25k, i could easily buy a far better new dell 24'' LCD.

So if ur short on money, don't go for used LCD unless its really cheap not more than 5 to 8 k (depending on the condition)... rather wait for to have some more money to buy a new one cause these used LCDs are dumped for a reason.