Which Internernet connection should I choose?

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

I want to purchase a Internet connection but confuse what to choose. I am using dial-up connection of PTCL (which is free) but its very slow. So, please help me to choose a permanent Internet connection which supports all the Internet features and a good speed of downloading and also uploading.

Wassalam,

Servant of Islam,

Mohammad Tariq

Which city are you in?

...and how much can you spend on an internet connection per month?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

I want to purchase a Internet connection but confuse what to choose. I am using dial-up connection of PTCL (which is free) but its very slow. So, please help me to choose a permanent Internet connection which supports all the Internet features and a good speed of downloading and also uploading.

Wassalam,

Servant of Islam,

Mohammad Tariq

[/quote]

If you ant broadband,and dsl is available in your area go for PTCL if its in your budget…

Which city are you in?
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
…and how much can you spend on an internet connection per month?
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
If you ant broadband,and dsl is available in your area go for PTCL if its in your budget…
[/quote]

I am in Karachi living in Block-B, North Nazimabad (nearly 2km from Telephone Exchange) and I can afford upto Rs.2000/month for a good (touching) speed. I want these advantages:

1. Supports all the Internet features

2. High speed every time (both downloading & uploading)

3. Never disconnect

4. CS available 24/7

I recommended wireless internet but dont know details so, whom you know please help me to take a good decesion.

Go for Maxcom 512Kbps package.

Any Wireless Internet Company, which gives all the features of Internet?

....and which is the best PTCL or Maxcom? Please explain briefly.

Thanks in advanced.

Maxcom offer 512k for Rs.1200/month

PTCL offer 512k for Rs.1199/month

Maxcom offer 1024k for Rs.1800/month

PTCL offer 1024k for Rs.1999/month

Is this means that PTCL offer more reliable service than Maxcom or Maxcom giving anything less than PTCL

^ Both ISPs can go both ways some people here on the forum have reported Maxcomm working perfectly and same goes for ptcl

but there are also some who are not satisfied with the service

^ Thanks Ruhaan, What you think for me to choose and what type of internet you are using?

Wireless companies have reported not to work too well with Torrents, they work but speed is slow most of the times (ranging from 12kbps ~ 30kbps on 256kbps connection), issuing of private IPs (because they use NAT) so sites like Rapidshare etc, won't work. This includes Wateen and Worldcall EVDO, I'm not sure of Mobilink's Infinity but suspect similar things from them also.

I suggest you go for PTCL, PROVIDED YOU DO NOT FACE PROBLEMS with your telephone line because if PTCLs works, there is no comparison for their service and if it stops working (like telephone wire breakage, noise, etc.) then there is also no comparison for their poor customer support. In short, its the best if works and the worsts if you run in to some sort of problem.

WTL EV-DO worked well for me and if you see Worldcall EVDO thread, you can see feedback of many users from different areas of Karachi. Although their packages are overpriced and I have been using it since 4 months and I WAS very very happy but since last two weeks I am not happy with their services due to certain speed and connectivity related issues.

Hope it helps!

^ i use wateen and have no problems whatsoever other than the cap

@Mohammadi.Tariq i suggest you go with PTCL but first find out how far you are located from your exchange and if its more than 5 km then see if ur exchange ONU connections that way u can get good performance even over larger distances

I am in Karachi living in Block-B, North Nazimabad (nearly 2km from Telephone Exchange) and I can afford upto Rs.2000/month for a good (touching) speed. I want these advantages:

1. Supports all the Internet features

2. High speed every time (both downloading & uploading)

3. Never disconnect

4. CS available 24/7

I recommended wireless internet but dont know details so, whom you know please help me to take a good decesion.

[/quote]

Don’t go for wireless unless DSL is not working for you. You can order ptcl and use it for a month. If you like it you can keep it. Or you can go to the exchange and return it…

You can chose the 1mb unlimited package for Rs.2000 …That comes with 512Kupload. Or you can go for 512K package for trial…It costs Rs.1200 and comes with a 256K upload.

Installation and modem is free. If you close the connection within a year,you have to return the modem though…

I think I will go for PTCL DSL 1mbps, Thanks all of you for helping me.

& If you are student, PTCL is more cheap and the best :)

Just pray that it keeps working because "sometimes" getting them to correct the error gets difficult and nerve-testing for user :)

PS: I believe your exchange will have better responses, being a better part of KHI :)

^What is the procedure to get a student package?

Apply on this: http://bncc.ptcl.net.pk/WssWeb/welcomeStudent.jsp

There is a 30% discount on all packages.. rest is the same..

They get your info verified by the institute and after that Install the DSL...

FAQs: http://www.ptcl.com.pk/images/files/uploads/file/FAQs_student_package.doc

^ Thanks Owais

never go for a wireless connection if you want to play gaming and consistent speeds... you are only 2kms away from your exchange that means you can have dsl of maxcom or ptcl without any problems... i would say to go from maxcom as ptcl is a larger company with very very very poor customer service... i am in lahore but i have heard good things about maxcom... in your budget you can easily get a 1mb connection which is nice enough(download a movie in about 2 hours).. note that you are not that far from exchange so you can get a consistent download speed of around 110kb/s...