Which HDD and RAM should i buy?

Salam Everyone !

I am going to buy 1GB RAM and 320GB SATA hard drive. Now i am confused between choices. For HDD i have to choose between Western Digital and Seagate. In RAM i have to choose between Kingston and Corsair.

My current specifications are :

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz

512MB DDR2 667mhz RAM

My suggestion is go for WD and Corsair, I have good experience using these brands.

Corsair FTW...

For Hard Disk you can chose seagate or WD ... both have received good customer feedbacks all around...

I am Kingston RAM for 4 years now and had no issue with it. Whats the problem in buying Kingston?

^Kingston is cheaper compared to Corsair. Go for it. I am also using it from last many years and its performing good on different systems.

For HDD I would recommend Seagate. As per my experience, Seagate is better than WD.

Okay I am going for WD and Kingston then. Thanks everyone!

Both Kingston and Corsair are fine. And if you are going to buy WD go for caviar blue. I am also using it for atleast 1.5year and its working fine.

Guys i want to use 80GB HDD along with 320GB. Tell me how can i use both them?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Okay I am going for WD and Kingston then. Thanks everyone!
[/quote]

Corsair is more powerful and high performance than Kingston…

its not flash drive… its RAM…

Guys i want to use 80GB HDD along with 320GB. Tell me how can i use both them?
[/quote]

very easily…

by using two SATA cables…

^ :lol: X2

^

n two hd power cables too..

but his motherboard shud have two sata slots too..

n if the hards are ide then you need ide cable ....

My mobo have four SATA slots. No need to worry about. I have 450watts PSU. Is it okay to use two HDDs with it ?

absolutely fine!!!

I have 450watts PSU. Is it okay to use two HDDs with it ?
[/quote]

Yep its okay! Just go to the market!

When i will attach HDD first time, it will automatically give me option to make partitions too? By the way, Inshallah i am going to market in evening. :)

you can make partitions on ur hdd by using a third party software like partition magic etc

if uv got windows installed already, you can use it to make partitions too.

and dude, which market which shop u gona buy from?

plz do tell how much u paid for em. i myself wana buy sum stuff soon...

What are Primary Drives and Logical Drives? While partitioning which drives should i choose. I will have 320GB HDD and i want to make 6 drives for data and one for windows .How to do this ?

When i will attach HDD first time, it will automatically give me option to make partitions too?
[/quote]

NO it won’t.

What are Primary Drives and Logical Drives? While partitioning which drives should i choose. I will have 320GB HDD and i want to make 6 drives for data and one for windows .How to do this ?
[/quote]

If you wan’t to install window, then just attach the hard disk and install windows, during setup it will ask for partition, make one drive(it will make primary partition by default). You can make other partitions there, make 5 logical drives. OR after you have installed windows then you Do Not need any third party software to make partitions.

Just right click my computer>manage>disk management. From disk management make 5 logical drives!

For definition of Primary and Logical drive search wikipedia or google it!