Which foreign Uni

Dear all

My friend wants do MS in any technology related to mechanical field like petroliem, automotive, locomotive etc from any Foreign Uni preferably from US or Uk while he is in Pakistan i.e he wants a degree that is made in US or UK. And the course should be no more then 2 years.

So r there any “Foreign” uni’s offering online course or courses by any other means like courier etc in Pakistan?

Kindly give names of the unis, origin and (if available) experience doing something like this.

I also want to know any such magical university :)

There are some colleges/universities in Karachi, which

are "affiliated" with UK universities. When you get your

degree, it says graduated from the University of Man-

chester, Luton, etc. Folks don't even mention the Pak

university on their CVs, just the "foreign" university and

unless the HR dept. is well-versed in such things, they

would assume it's a foreign degree.

These local college/universities are a bit expensive, but

of course not as much as going abroad. Your friend

should look into it.

Sheikh 'A P.S.A' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

try TRINITY COLLEGE

DOCTOR AMIR LIAQUAT did his medical doctorate (PHD) ??? from this non-existent internet college and openly bragged on ALIM ONLINE and in many occasion that he is a medical doctor and when he got caught of he lies then his degree overnight magically turned from medical to islamic doctrate from the same college lol and after being caught again and again still remained minister until remarks on terrorism ,

concept of trinity is shirk in islam, now here is this guy who got fake islamic doctrate from college whos name is equal to shirk, and he is still on tv preaching, unbelievable

[/quote]

But I want MS degree in Petroleum :P

Who cares for Islamic doctorates. Neither useful on earth nor on Judgment Day. :)

University of London has an external system but the course durations might be longer than what you're expecting. They have affiliated institutes both in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi AFAIK. Though, if you choose to self-study, you can still take the exams with British Council ( http://www.britishcouncil.org/pakistan-exams-degree-programmes.htm )

http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk/

Google it first before asking us.

Search "Distance learning"

Distance Engineering programs are rare (MEng even rarer), but online certifications are available. Try UK unis HND certificates, they are good if you had bad grades. Also Petroleum ain't Mechanical, thats a special MS in Chemistry, he probably meant manufacturing or industrial Engg.

London University has also an external program, search with the keyword LONDON UNIVERSITY EXTERNAL PROGRAM. Before getting into VU for BS I was thinking for this but their fees is tooooo much.

Google it first before asking us.

Search "Distance learning"

Distance Engineering programs are rare (MEng even rarer), but online certifications are available. Try UK unis HND certificates, they are good if you had bad grades. Also Petroleum ain’t Mechanical, thats a special MS in Chemistry, he probably meant manufacturing or industrial Engg.

[/quote]

I already did and found the following but dont know if they r authenticated or not.

http://www.degrees-online.com/Engineering/Mechanical-Engineering/

@Asad_N

Thanks Asad i’ll look into that…

^Working in Pakistan as engineer means that you have to be registered to the PEC, hence take the list of unis and their degrees, then go to the PEC office in your respected area and ask them for the list of unis and their degrees that PEC recommends. This way you will know if it is authentic or not.

FYI PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council).

try TRINITY COLLEGE

DOCTOR AMIR LIAQUAT did his medical doctorate (PHD) ??? from this non-existent internet college and openly bragged on ALIM ONLINE and in many occasion that he is a medical doctor and when he got caught of he lies then his degree overnight magically turned from medical to islamic doctrate from the same college lol and after being caught again and again still remained minister until remarks on terrorism ,

concept of trinity is shirk in islam, now here is this guy who got fake islamic doctrate from college whos name is equal to shirk, and he is still on tv preaching, unbelievable

[/quote]

He is still not on tv rather on ‘GEO TV’ and this is 100% expected beaviour of morons like them.

@deffury

Thanks for the info deff, I appreciate it.

You are most welcome!!

Now that will be £5 per letter.

No I am kidding, stop counting.