Which food business would be best to do in karachi?

want to know which food business to do in karachi , my cousin aged around 32 want to do food business in Karachi . budget around 4 to 6 lacks.

Technical inputs are welcome.

dude thats too low

i.e. even in some middle class area like gulshan even if you rent entry level shop in some nice spot lets say 20k a month then to sign up the lease which is standard one year upfront in many cases 12 months rent plus 1 month security then just to get a shop at cheap rent your 2.6 laks gone straight away for shop i haven't even add the agent commision yet , so do the rest of the math yourself, its too low to open even decent food joint at even in middle class area. better off putting in bank and get interest.

that amount is just for business , suppose the shop advance is made already. and regarding interest , then he has no interest in interest :) thats why he wants to do business . ok add 200,000 in the amount for rent n advance

^^^

ok nadeem is any new start up either be food or in any other field, just keep the following points in mind.

1- obviously place of business meaning shop or office

-upfront one year contract as i mentioned above

- in many cases one will use real estate agent, if you use one then standard commission is 1 month rent.

2- you'll deal with govt bureaucracy for following; even for entry level shop cost could be between 50k to 80k which includes genuine fees/taxes going to government and under the table chai pani/bakhsish/methai/bribery whatever you wanna call it. to get your paper work done fast.

- get yourself LTD corp to do business

- get yourself permit for food establishment

- apply for phone

- apply for electric

- apply for gas

- and other minor paperwork

3- then you'll need to furnish your shop, specially in your case which will require

- kitchen equipment,

-seating area furniture etc

- menu printing

- uniform for your staff

- maybe electric generator

-menu flyers you can distribute at you shop surrounding residences etc meaning advertising etc

- and minor other thing will pop up

4- and the most important part, even if your business is successful from the start even then you are doing business and you are not employed so there won't be one fat check at the end the month like employment, be ready to have enough business running money for minimum first 4 months, so you can pay for supplies you buy at wholesale, pay utilities, and be able to pay employees salary etc, as the business will pick up then obviously the running cost will come out of the business profits. but you can't expect that in at least first 3 to 4 months of any new start up, so you'll need your own ready cash to pay for all that.

above is just simple advise.

^^ thanks for the detailed suggestions and advice dear . Yes mentally one should b ready for this . utilities are already present there , want to know what you mean by mentioning genuine fees / taxes , as far as i know the tax is payable after a year ! or may b i m not getting what you meant to say . Please elaborate.

As you asked which type of food business.. i think you shud get ur frnd running 2-3 french fries khokas .. these never flop. trust me :D .. low start-up cost and nothing too much to loose.

other than that.. maybe a shakarkandi khoka aswell.. and i wud absolutely likea hygenic soup khoka aswell.. drive-in chicken corn soup :)

Some time ago in Dawn i read that 1p2p (One potato two potato) is looking for franchise partners in Pakistan in order to expand their network. You should check out their website for application process. If the location is good its a failsafe side project.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As you asked which type of food business… i think you shud get ur frnd running 2-3 french fries khokas … these never flop. trust me :D … low start-up cost and nothing too much to loose.

other than that… maybe a shakarkandi khoka aswell… and i wud absolutely likea hygenic soup khoka aswell… drive-in chicken corn soup :)

[/quote]

great idea , well frankly speaking i have also finalized the name of the chain of these khokaas too :) you know what ?

its ZazZyo’s frenchers :)

;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

great idea , well frankly speaking i have also finalized the name of the chain of these khokaas too :) you know what ?

its ZazZyo’s frenchers :)

;)

[/quote]

Den i deserve free french fries at ur nationwide khokas :P