Which DVD burner drives are most reliable and also available in karach

I am searching for an excellent dvd burner to burn my home collection dvds. anyone suggest the brands most reliable and available in karachi please.

Regards

Saad

I use ASUS DVDRW, I don't use it a lot, but it's like a year old, and has no problems at all. But don't go on my word alone as I haven't used it that much. I also have a Samsung Combo Drive and had a Samsung CD-ROM and they suck. They are both stuck and need paperclips to open it.

lg dvd writers are very good and reliable. samsung dvd writers are the cheapest but they do tend to have problems as they go along.

LG the best in optic drives

There are no best drives. Its how you use it that counts. If you run a DVD for continuous hours without any cool time, then you are most likely to damage it's lens. As for the tray, well that is a hit and miss.These rule is applied to all optical drives including PS2, PS3, 360 as well. What you should know is that an average life of a optical drive that is used often, is 2-3 years, otherwise it could go to 5-6 years as well.

LG and Asus are good ones. I am using LG from two years now .

Asus rocks!

Asus, when it comes to cd/dvd.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Asus, when it comes to cd/dvd.
[/quote]

True. Asus has no competition in CD/DVD drives.

BTW the reason I went for ASUS was because I couldn't find any other one in the market. How do you all know it's that good?

Asus FTW!!

1. Lite-On

2. Pioneer

3. Asus

i read in Asus Product book that Asus is No#1 in Mobo and No#5 in Optical Drives. But i have a Very Good Experiance of Asus Optical Drives so i Vote it #3 :).

my vote is for SONY

striker111

from where i can find the Lite-on & pioneer brand in karachi and which model.

ASUS & SONY ftw

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

striker111

from where i can find the Lite-on & pioneer brand in karachi and which model.

[/quote]

Both Company Products are Availble at Karachi Sadar > Uni Center & Techno City. There are Few Models availble. Google the Best Model of these Companies then Go Saddar and ask them :).