Which brand LCD?

Im going to replace my crumbling old philips crt (14") soon inshallah with sum lcd. Primary use is (in order of preference) of watching movies, playing games and a little bit of work dealing with text.

u guys help me out which is better suited to my task since im torn between the following displays..

(right now i prefer the first one on the list)

SAMSUNG 2233BW 22" BLACK WIDESCREEN Rs. 21200

SAMSUNG 2232BW 22" HIGH GLOSSY BLACK WIDESCREEN Rs. 21800

VIEW SONIC VA-2226W 22" SILVER BLACK WIDESCREEN Rs. 16800

VIEW SONIC VX-2216W 22" SILVER BLACK WIDESCREEN Rs. 16500

VIEW SONIC VX-2262WM 22" BLACK WIDESCREEN MULTIMEDIA Rs.20300

VIEW SONIC VX-2255WM 22" SILVER BLACK M.MEDIA WIDESCREEN WEB CAM Rs.21500

(prices quoted frm galaxy...tho its not that much of an issue)

Samsung all the way.

im inclined towards the first two samsungs. From their specs they both look to be the same panel behind different skins. Whats the difference between them?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Samsung all the way.
[/quote]

ditto

2ms response and 20000:! constrast

there is a samsung lcd tv i wanna buy 52" 4ms response time and 50000:! contrast ratio... looks wicked and i can play fps games on it like cs 1.6... and what more it is 100hz .... that is serious wickedness on samsung's part

go for Samsung of ur choice.

Go for any one of the samsungs

thanks for everyones input. samsung it is then

but beware..buy original samsung manufactured lcds..basically there are three companies in world who make samsung lcds including samsung..and in pakistan limited lcds are available 100% samsung manufactured..

and there is also yellow color issue in lcds not manufactured by samsung..and this problem is not only in pakistan also in other countries.. for more information search google.

then how to tell a samsung panel apart from others??

ok i got another problem.

both the samsung lcdz (2232bw & 2233bw) are nearly same price.

HOWEVER 2232bw has 3 years warranty (any no. of dead pixels) and 2233bw has 1 year warranty (at least 6 dead pixels).

also in review videos 2232 has a more bluish tinge to it and i also noticed more backlight bleed.

so now which one do i choose...the bluish panel that bleeds more but has better warranty or the better screen with limited lesser warranty???

samsung are mostly made in china go fo pure korean brand LG FLATROM L1734S LG.jpg mine is working fine

So Samsung LCD Monitors are the best?

^ Not necessarily.

^ okay, then plz suggest me a 19" multimedia LCD (price doesn't matter, but should be available in Rawalpindi)

OK I'm thinking about this one

SyncMaster™ 943BM 19'' 943BM

Actually I need a multimedia normal screen (4:3) monitor.

Anybody knows anything about this monitor, please share..

Try ACER Lcds..... they are equally good as samsung and little bit cheap than samsung

i have been using Samsung 2232BW for last 6 months........it is awsome......contrast is gr8 and colors are also excelent.............

samsung all the way

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Try ACER Lcds… they are equally good as samsung and little bit cheap than samsung
[/quote]

equally good?? rofl

Samsung all the way.