Which banks credit card can be used online with lowest charges?

I am looking to buy hosting with a company in the US.

The only option of payment that I have is through credit card as paypal is not available here. I just recently turned 18 so am looking to open a bank account so wanted some opinions of which bank will be better in this regard.

Here are a couple of my questions:

1) For online purchases, can I only use my credit card or can I use my debit card as well? Which is safer?

2) How much are the charges for using my credit card once online? and which bank has the lowest charges in this regard?

3) Anything else I may be overlooking?

Thanks.

Actually you dont need to go through a credit card unless you want some loan. HBL and UBL are offering Visa Debit cards a.k.a ATM cards

which you can use for online transactions also.

Another thing if this company is not sensitive about your identity you even dont need to open an account with any bank just go to UBL branch and give them cash and your id card and they give you a visa prepaid card but confirm from the company that if they would accept prepaid cards.

HBL Debit cards are junk.

I heard UBL Wiz card (prepaid Debit card) is much better while purchasing items online.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I heard UBL Wiz card (prepaid Debit card) is much better while purchasing items online.

[/quote]

Did you had any transactions with them or you listened from any one cause i am going to do some transaction through hbl visa and now i am little worried .

Did you had any transactions with them or you listened from any one cause i am going to do some transaction through hbl visa and now i am little worried .

[/quote]

I have account in HBL for last 10 years. I once tried (in early days) to use their debit card online but it got rejected. I called their help line and things went into vicious circle. In the end, I was unable to use their card to purchase an online service. Instead of calling helpline again and again, I used Citibank’s card and it worked. After that incident I have never tried HBL card again for online service.

Please do tell me what is your experience with HBL Visa card for online purchase.

However, I have read many reviews that people like UBL cards. Because it has better security features (that suits Pakistani needs). You call their help line and ask them to open a “session” for next hour. In next one hour you can use your card online and after an hour your card will be blocked automatically. Thus saving your card from illegal use. Even if somebody steal your card number etc., thief won’t be able to use your card online because thief can’t open “sessions” through help line. Isn’t it smart? :)

I've had experiance with UBL but when i oppened my account with them someone entered my nic number incorectly i made complaints but it did not got rectified so my account was blocked due to a NADRA missmatch (for sure) after 3 months. Now i think there is only other bank is offering online trasantions (HBL).

With Citi bank you had a credit or debit card?

There are many banks offering Visa card's but all of them can't be used online. So when you tried for online transaction did HBL had the facility of online payments???

I opened my account on 06-jun but did not recieved the mail containing my Visa card.

HBL debit cards work online? I tried once it got rejected...

and you don't need to open an account for wiz card...

HBL debit cards work online? I tried once it got rejected…

and you don’t need to open an account for wiz card…

[/quote]

There are many banks offering Visa card’s but all of them can’t be used online. So when you tried for online transaction did HBL had the facility of online payments???

[/quote]

on UBL wiz u have to pay activation/deactivation for each session ,

However, I have read many reviews that people like UBL cards. Because it has better security features (that suits Pakistani needs). You call their help line and ask them to open a “session” for next hour. In next one hour you can use your card online and after an hour your card will be blocked automatically. Thus saving your card from illegal use. Even if somebody steal your card number etc., thief won’t be able to use your card online because thief can’t open “sessions” through help line. Isn’t it smart? :)

[/quote]

UBL’s debit card has the same feature and it works online my friends have used it to buy domains,hosting and servers and all kinds of other stuff

on UBL wiz u have to pay activation/deactivation for each session ,

[/quote]

Alfalah charges the session activation charges too.

I have had good experience with Standard Chartered AMEX and Citibank VISA cards.

Anyone know if the card provider can change country of origin of the card (billing address) upon customer request for a couple hours? Some payment gateways reject credit cards from Pakistan all together which is a PITA.

I am looking to buy hosting with a company in the US.

The only option of payment that I have is through credit card as paypal is not available here. I just recently turned 18 so am looking to open a bank account so wanted some opinions of which bank will be better in this regard.

Here are a couple of my questions:

1) For online purchases, can I only use my credit card or can I use my debit card as well? Which is safer?

2) How much are the charges for using my credit card once online? and which bank has the lowest charges in this regard?

3) Anything else I may be overlooking?

Thanks.

[/quote]

I am afraid that you can’t avail a credit card in your current situation that you are still to open an bank account yet.

and on the other hand I also have many good reviews about UBL debit card. you can use it world wide online as per the clauses you have seen in above contributors’ replies

Anyone know if the card provider can change country of origin of the card (billing address) upon customer request for a couple hours? Some payment gateways reject credit cards from Pakistan all together which is a PITA.
[/quote]

Noooopps! this is just you are asking to change your identity for a small period of time and they should allow you to do any thing in that period.

Instead I think the Issuer Bank can not even do it if it operates only in Pakistan.

but if the Bank operates also in other countries then the Bank can do it only if they also issue credit cards in those countries (just like your bank SCB) because they can provide full profile about the relation between Issuer Bank and the Credit/Debit Card Holder.

and again it’s not about that they can fulfill this request of their customers to change for specific time being without a permanent change of physical location.

edit: would you mind to disclose the merchant where your credit card was rejected.? just for information…

^ Rejected by Cashoo which is a payment processor for different merchants. According to them, Pakistan is in the negative country list.

I guess expensive WU is the only option I can avail at this time with the merchant.

^ I once got my invoice payment rejected, and the reason the automated system gave to the support guy was that I was from a country with high level of frauds, and that I was not in the same geographical location as the billing address of the card :D. That guy had to approve the transaction manually. But that was the only time I had a problem with using Alfalah Credit card, greedy people recently added the internet activation charges per session.

^ I once got my invoice payment rejected, and the reason the automated system gave to the support guy was that I was from a country with high level of frauds, and that I was not in the same geographical location as the billing address of the card :D. That guy had to approve the transaction manually. But that was the only time I had a problem with using Alfalah Credit card, greedy people recently added the internet activation charges per session.
[/quote]

I got in contact with Payment Asia (Cashoo) support but they said they can’t do anything.

I am tired of an impotent MoIT which can’t even get Paypal to provide services in Pakistan. If only Paypal was a valid option, I wouldn’t have needed to even try going through Cashoo or crappy expensive WU.

[/quote]

believe me it’s your luck if it happened to you outside of Pakistan. and that is very un-usual.

off-the-topic but I want to share it, just take it as remarks about a Company Reputation :P

I have had the same experience with such manuall process but the merchant was in Paksitan (Talking about PakHost, Crappy). the problem was actually with their system not with the CC. and I just allowed him to process it manually when he asked to do. and that idiot processed it twice :D and asked me to have another renewal of the Domain. and I just said it’s OK! give me that :D

^ No, they use external payment processors; Paypal, Cashoo and WU. I recently suggested to them to use 2CO, Google Checkout (not applicable now since it is only available in US and UK) or Moneybookers. Dunno what they decide to do.

Local banks have a procedure to change address (never done this). It is paper work but I doubt you can change a lot in your address.

I have Payoneer card too. I just checked their website. They allow editing of billing address (therefore I can change without any hassle). But they do not allow changing my name and my country. I change my address, city, state and postal code but not my name and country. :(