Which bank account is best for student opening an account for statement purpose?

Hi

Have to apply for a student visa for Canada.

Which bank account is best for student opening an account for statement purpose?

Any [CURRENT ACCOUNT] will serve you purpose. Dont open any kind of BASIC account

But you may find difficulties opening a current account as a student and you may have to submit a service certificate of your organization where you work.

Following banks are opening account easily, without monthly charges/ deposit, that what i know.

1-Summit

2-KASB

What is basic account?

Why do you need one? won't your father sponsor you for that? How much bank statement s required? I heard you have to keep the cash for eg 30 lacks in the bank for 6 months .. isn't it hard to maintain this much amountfor 6 months.

But still I gonna need that.

I think I should open a joint account between me and my father.

I have heard that they don't take Defence Savings Certifcates seriously, GPO account or a national savings acoount/certifcate type of things.

Now one will have to take out money from an investment scheme with huge profit rate and then show these retards what we having. Insany.

Imran you'll be on some kind of a scholarship or on your own? Which university have you got admission in? Just curious because I'm in the same VU course you were in. :)

No scholarship.

I am on my own and still I have to choose the college/uni.