Where to write?

I have always been an avid reader o english literature!!I have written many articles related to defferent genres...But I dont know how o publicize them..

any info regarding that where should I send the srticles to get them published???or any FREE-SITE offering the service..???or any newspaper....

Can you post samples? I may have job for you. :P

actually i would also love to read your material too. i swear i won't criticize it but it should have a twist in the end.... :)

go for blogging, but if you dont know how to manage blog,

then goto isharis, he really got a job for you.

If you want to be paid for your articles you could publish them on associatedcontent.com . I hear that there are many buyers there. If you just want it published online then setup a blog. Either get a free one at wordpress.com or buy a domain and hosting and setup your own site.

Personally I would recommend doing the latter as it can cost you as little as a Rs. 75 per month (hosting+domain) and you have your own space on the net.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

yeah sure…pm me the address where u want the samples to be sent…i ll send u and then just give me response if I need to improve!!!

I am desperately waiting…

I will send u hand-written articles not the computer-based as I love writing by hand instead of computer!!!

Personally I would recommend doing the latter as it can cost you as little as a Rs. 75 per month (hosting+domain) and you have your own space on the net.

[/quote]

Just 75. Rupees! How man? If it is, where can i get it? Please help me out.

I have always been an avid reader o english literature!!I have written many articles related to defferent genres…But I dont know how o publicize them…

any info regarding that where should I send the srticles to get them published???or any FREE-SITE offering the service…???or any newspaper…

[/quote]

You could blog,you could send to Lulu.com or try Writing.com or you could visit any of the sites people have mentioned.

I got some of my stuff published via newspapers–the weekly Us magazine supplement that comes with The News to be exact.

For more info,including mailing addresses and requirements,head over to www.thenews.com.pk or www.dawn.com which I think are more or less the two best publications in the country.

Just about all good magazines these days have their own website.

For example,Herald magazine is excellent,but I don’t think it really fits your genre. You decide.

Depending on your age and the level of your work,you could also try the teen magazines such as Wikkid and Smash.

The team for Dawn’s Young World is very helpful–they’ll respond with hints and feedback on your work. (They did for me.) But you’ll have to do the editing yourself,with their guidance.

Us will not respond–if they like your stuff,they’ll keep it,publish it after 2 weeks soonest and then send you your check 2-4 months later.But the plus point is,they’ll edit it for you.

Competition for selection in newspaper/supplements/magazines (except for Smash and Wikkid and such zines;they’re more novice-friendly) is intense,so be sure to send your best work. You won’t likely get a second chance otherwise (yes,even to edit that article and make it more acceptable.)

Best of luck! :)

I used to write whatever was on my mind and mail them to US magazine when I was younger. Pretty good success rate too. I sent 4, they printed 3, one got cover story too. I used to get UBL checks of Rs. 500-700 per article. Lolz, I never cashed them, still have them lying around as memento's somewhere.

@Isharis What kind of work are you into to require writers ? What subject matter ?

[/quote]

Sounds interesting :D

my articles are very philosophical-type..not the easy ones at all...even my teachers used to say that Be simple!!!

I have always been an ardent reader of SHAKESPEARE,JOSEPH CONRAD...the english novel-reader may know their genre!!!!

US is simple and plain for kids..I dont think so that my stuff would be in close proximity to theirs.....

I should try DAWN..I am doing engineering so it would be difficult for me to do extensive blogging!!!

any1 having experiences with DAWN..how to write to them????

k, I'll make it public.

I need introductions and biographies of ~600 words written for football players. If you think you can write them then let me know. Just PM me your samples.

any1 having experiences with DAWN…how to write to them???
[/quote]

I’ve written a few times for SciTech World. Just attach and email the article you want to send in an email along with some words describing what it is. If they want to use it, they usually respond within a week (from experience) - 3 weeks is the maximum wait time, and after that its safe to assume they do not want it. The email addresses of the sections can be found here.

[/quote]

Sorry,I don’t get Dawn–I would love to read your work though,so would you mind posting a link here once you get published? :)

yeah sure..I ll give the link oncw i get published..!!!

@isharis...

dont u need the general articles...???

[/quote]

I have written for Dawn in past (Books & Authors, Images, The Review) and let me tell you: they accept good quality content which isn’t plagarized and publish it after a month or so of having received it (unless it is something extremely current and they have place to fit it in). However, they are EXTREMELY lax with their payments and tend to hold off the payment for your published material for as long as possible. If you want to write for Dawn, get ready for some major phone bills, because you’ll have to keep calling/emailing them extensively to get your money.

Otherwise it is an excellent platform for more mature writing. Goodluck!

P.S: Also try your luck with Spider, The News (prompt payments), Herald and Mag et cetera.

we have to mail them or send them through postal service!!!??

You can try either. You will be able tof ind cotact information on their respective websites.

If you are sending in hard copies through postal, make sure you keep a back up copy for yourself as well. They don't return any manuscripts. :)