Where to get Laptop fixed in Karachi?

My sis got a HP dv9650 Entertainment PC.. the hinge connecting the screen with the rest of the unit is sort of broken with plastic chippings falling off very often.. and the screen creaking whle opening aswell.. looks to me like the internal frame or sumthing is broken..

Now can somene guide me where to get this prob fixed by a professional?.. as i guess this would require the whole unit to be disassembled and then fixed which may be risky if in hands of an unprofessional. I've also even heard that these laptop fixing shops if unreliable may also replace hardware from the laptop.. or in other words just steal some stuff out of the latop.. so i want to make sure my sis' hard owned latop is not in the wrong hands.

I looked on the websites of HP recommended servicing companies in Karachi, but they appear to me as they offer only business solutions and they might charge a hefty fee aswell. Is that true?

Any genuine recommendations on where to get this prob fixed? preferably in front of me??...

bump.

any1?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

bump.

any1?

[/quote]

there are a bunch of places you can get your laptop looked at, recently i was pleasantly surprised by a technician at a shop in sassi arcade (clifton), i’ve forgotten the shops name but its on the back end of the building and it solely deals with repairing laptops. dont confuse it with the one on the corner its about 2 shops to the left of a shop called “workstation” or "supreme computers"

if that place doesnt work out for you check out unicenter or technoplaza on chundrigar road.

Dont leave your laptops for many days! in any shop where you decide for repairing concern

I'd rather take it to the Hp outlet in gardentown lahore wen i visit lahore. I have no faith in pakistani technicians and mechanics anymore.

The last mechanic i had made me feel like my car is a Kidney patient who visits hospital every day or so, i had to spend around 5k weekly on it.. then i realised after a month or so.. tht i was being ripped off and that stupid person had no intentions to make my car alrite. :l

Go to a local storre and ask them where they send their HP lappys for fixing...

It might giv ya som valuable clues

Go 2 regal saddar

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Go 2 regal saddar
[/quote]

avoid regal at all costs, theres a shop i usually goto its in sassi arcade (clifton), its on the back side right next to supreme computers. my laptops cpu fan got busted, so i went to Uni center+ Techno plaza and they didnt have the original part but promised to fix it “somehow” and it would cost me 2000 bucks. the shop i mentioned previously, had the original part and i payed 1000 bucks And they fixed it right in front of me.

try going to saasi arcade at clifton block 8, there is a guy I know behind TCS office. He is best laptop technition. Just find him he is the only lappy technition over there and his shop is at first floor.