Where to buy a 24v 100 Microfarad Capacitor

As the topic states .. Trying to find one. Do not know where to start looking.. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As the topic states … Trying to find one. Do not know where to start looking… Any help would be appreciated.
[/quote]

If you’re in Karachi, you might want to try electronics market (Saddar). There are plenty of repair shops out there and if not in new would likely have a salvaged one lying somewhere.

if u r in khi

go to electronic market regal chowk

the one on the left side

almost every kind of electronic component is available there ,

in lahore,straight go to hall road..

I have got many from them...

but wait a minute,its difficult to get 24V..I guess...

u have to use precisely 24v or something near that...??

if u are in islamabad/rawalpindi then go straight to college road in rwp, there are many shops there and you will easily get a 24v 100 mF capacitor from dere

If all else fails, order via Farnell. General purpose 25V 100µF electrolytic capacitors:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=1000224+554092+364124+364126+551+237259&getResults=true&appliedparametrics=true&locale=en_UK&originalQueryURL=%2Fjsp%2Fsearch%2Fbrowse.jsp%3FN%3D1000224%26getResults%3Dtrue%26appliedparametrics%3Dtrue%26locale%3Den_UK

If all else fails, order via Farnell. General purpose 25V 100µF electrolytic capacitors:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=1000224+554092+364124+364126+551+237259&getResults=true&appliedparametrics=true&locale=en_UK&originalQueryURL=%2Fjsp%2Fsearch%2Fbrowse.jsp%3FN%3D1000224%26getResults%3Dtrue%26appliedparametrics%3Dtrue%26locale%3Den_UK

[/quote]

and if u need 24 v accurate then apply one 24 volts zener diode between the + and - of the 25 volts caps so u will get the desired voltage.

To start off .. I am in karachi. Went to saddar and found out that my modem is in DC not in AC making it impossible to use a capacitor. :(

Only other way that I have been informed that my modem will get undisruptive power is through a stablizer.

To start off … I am in karachi. Went to saddar and found out that my modem is in DC not in AC making it impossible to use a capacitor. :(

Only other way that I have been informed that my modem will get undisruptive power is through a stablizer.

[/quote]

WTF?

I myself am using a capacitor between my DSL modem adapter and the router itself. It works superbly. Electrolytic capacitors work with DC.

I want to be an electrical engineer too....May Allah get me admission in SEECS

Asad can you please post the circuit diagram for placing capacitor b/w DSL modem adapter and DSL modem...

and how to know which capacitor to put in....if my modem takes 12v, then I should use a 12v and as much as possible capacitance capacitor, between adapter and modem placed in parallel. This would help router restart problem during fluctuations and when switching to UPS. right ??

I want to be an electrical engineer too…May Allah get me admission in SEECS

Asad can you please post the circuit diagram for placing capacitor b/w DSL modem adapter and DSL modem…

and how to know which capacitor to put in…if my modem takes 12v, then I should use a 12v and as much as possible capacitance capacitor, between adapter and modem placed in parallel. This would help router restart problem during fluctuations and when switching to UPS. right ??

[/quote]

See the post linked below and go through the entire thread:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=73315#p73315

Hmmm… why SEECS?

What is the exact output rating on your modem adapter? Mention voltage and current.

my amateur calculations considering the capacitor you used and considering that the shiro modem adapter has output rating of 9V and 1A

Q=CV

=> Q = (4700 * 10 ^ -6) * 9

=> Q = 0.0423

Q=It

=> t = Q/I

=> t = 0.0423/1

=> t = 42.3ms

Does this mean that the modem won't restart on UPS with switchover time as large as 30ms ?

Keep in mind that only a certain portion of the charge will remain above the lower voltage threshold for the modem since voltage will fall as the capacitor discharges. Adapter ratings err on the upper side of consumption. Normal consumption is lower.

The delay is overkill but better to have more delay.