Where are the tech markets in dubai

i am planing on visiting dubai and i wondered exactly where are the tech markets located there..i wanted to buy a notebook, desktop processor and a mobile phone...are they really cheaper in dubai,,,

any info appreciated

jack

Everything is available at the airport.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Everything is available at the airport.
[/quote]

wont stuff at the airport be more expensive like it is in most places

wont stuff at the airport be more expensive like it is in most places

[/quote]

Don’t buy at airport. It will be considerably cheaper at the other markets. The market in the dubai is very competitive (outside the airport of course). Big centers like Al Khaleej center have many computer shops. Even Carrefour have many of the computers and accessories at affordable rates - it’s a hypermarket.

You can try Al-Ain Plaza (Computer Plaza). It’s on Mankhool road, Bur dubai. (well, if it’s still there :lol: )

You may even get into the huge Deira City Centre and shop for almost everything. It has carrefour as well.

It has carrefour as well.
[/quote]

i dont know about the carrefour in dubai but the carrefours in china were amazing

i dont know about the carrefour in dubai but the carrefours in china were amazing

[/quote]

Carrefour all around in the gulf countries does a very decent job and usually has the best rates. I miss the one stop shopping destinations. When will Pakistan catchup :rolleyes: ?

FYI: Carrefour is opening in Karachi on Seaview very soon.

FYI: Carrefour is opening in Karachi on Seaview very soon.
[/quote]

really thats great news

first metro then carrefour amazing

anybody know of a good online store located in dubai so i can check the tech prices on the web

really thats great news

first metro then carrefour amazing

[/quote]

Well, metro is nothing like carrefour. They have different target customers. It’s nice to hear though I wish it was rather planned for Islamabad :P

anybody know of a good online store located in dubai so i can check the tech prices on the web
[/quote]

Prices aren’t usually in sync with the market, but you can try these:

http://uaemall.com

http://souq.com

carrefour would be targeting rich burgers haina?

carrefour would be targeting rich burgers haina?
[/quote]

Not really. If they don’t decide to change their target market, then their normal market consists of normal consumers looking for the most competitive rates without the need of bargaining. :)

Not really. If they don’t decide to change their target market, then their normal market consists of normal consumers looking for the most competitive rates without the need of bargaining. :)

[/quote]

oh like imtiaz? (which is no more cheap)

oh like imtiaz? (which is no more cheap)

[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t know what imtiaz is. Is imtiaz a hypermarket (large supermarket) offering consumables and all type of housholds, including computers and electronics, under one place? If so, yes :)

Sorry, I don’t know what imtiaz is. Is imtiaz a hypermarket (large supermarket) offering consumables and all type of housholds, including computers and electronics, under one place? If so, yes :)

[/quote]

no it isn’t but the rates used to be cheaper than most of the shops

these site may help you jack,

http://www.touchmatepc.com/new/

http://www.souq.com/

as said by others, you can also check out carrefour for electronic items. deira or derra market in city center got cheap items aswell. duty free at the dubai airport is good for window shopping for us pakistanis (;

Try Jarir Book Store ! best prices in town B elieve me!

but its in AbuDhabhi

SHARAF DG is big store. But while shopping from mall prices are high. Go to GOLD MARKET . Their is a small bazar behind that. Prices are better their!

Carrefour all around in the gulf countries does a very decent job and usually has the best rates. I miss the one stop shopping destinations. When will Pakistan catchup :rolleyes: ?

[/quote]

in 159 years :)

The main Dubai Tech Market is on Khalid Bin Waleed Road in Bur Dubai. If you are in Dubai then just ask the Taxi driver to take you to Khalid Bin Waleed road and you will see dozens of computer shops in one line.

I guess makro is targeted towards Wholesalers and Retail Stores, where as Carerfour target market is consumers